PDA

View Full Version : Dragonlance 3.5/Pathfinder

DragonBelow
March 27th, 2009, 01:04
Hello,

I want to start a Dragonlance game set in the Age of Mortals, after the war of souls, I have 2 campaigns in mind, both of which are racially focused.

1) A minotaur campaign during the Minotaur Wars era, (other races will be allowed as well).
2) A draconian campaign in Teyr *.

Either campaign would be heroic in nature, but not restricted to good characters, so you are "allowed" (not encouraged) to make evil characters if you so choose, however regardless of the alignment you have to be a team player, antagonizing the party in a way that disrupts the game is not fun.

You must be familiar with the 3.5 or Pathfinder rules, you must be familiar with the Dragonlance setting.

Game would be every fortnight, most likely on evenings on a weekday (PST)

* Dragons of Krynn required (https://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=29540&it=1)

DragonBelow
April 4th, 2009, 17:55
bumpage :)

Vishera
April 5th, 2009, 05:53
Hmm.. I really want to play but I am infamiliar with dragonlance in every way. I am a FR guy but Im willing to try anything.. I dont know about weekdays though, Fridays and saturdays, and any time on sunday is my best times..

DragonBelow
April 7th, 2009, 23:58
Tassadar, a great place to learn is the dlnexus.com. please visit these links:

About draconians:

https://dlnexus.com/lexicon/13450.aspx

About minotaurs:

https://dlnexus.com/lexicon/13441.aspx

About DL in general

https://dlnexus.com/lexicon/

Vishera
April 8th, 2009, 00:22
hm sounds very interesting.

Ravenmantle
April 10th, 2009, 04:15
I'm certainly interested. When do you expect the game to kick off? I have a wee one on the way and it might be a few weeks before I'll be able to commit to a game such as this one.

Andrepartthree
April 10th, 2009, 17:32
I'm interested too :) any idea what day/time? I'm in the eastern time zone (florida usa) - I really enjoy the role playing/acting out your character's personality part of the game but of course combat is a lot of fun too ;) .. I'm familiar with D&D 3.5 and very familiar with the dragonlance setting though pathfinder would be new to me ...

DragonBelow
April 12th, 2009, 19:43
I don't have a set date to begin, I would like find 4 players first.

Tuesday, Thursday or Friday, from 7:30pm to 10:30pm or so. (PST)

DragonBelow
April 12th, 2009, 19:47
I'm interested too :) any idea what day/time? I'm in the eastern time zone (florida usa) - I really enjoy the role playing/acting out your character's personality part of the game but of course combat is a lot of fun too ;) .. I'm familiar with D&D 3.5 and very familiar with the dragonlance setting though pathfinder would be new to me ...

Pathfinder is very similar to 3.5, in fact they are compatible (in a flexible definition of the word compatible).

You can get Pathfinder Beta here (https://paizo.com/pathfinder/pathfinderRPG/v5748btpy84o0)

StrangeBlades
April 14th, 2009, 17:23
Hi, how's it going?

Dragonlance?? Draconians?? Woo hoo!

I am available to play Friday and Saturday nights. I am in EST but I am willing to start playing late. I love roleplaying my character's characteristics as well as sticking sharp objects into living things.

I am very familiar with the Heroes of the Lance series, starting with the first three books, then the twins' books, Richard Knaak's books about Huma and his minotaur friend and with 3.5 D&D.

Now here is some flavour text.

"Nothing smells like victory like an exploding draconian," - Strangeblades

SB

Andrepartthree
April 15th, 2009, 03:10
I'm going to have to opt out for right now :( owing to having already found a game on Weds .... however would like to give a shout out to strangeblades :) ... had the pleasure of gaming with him once, he's really great at the role playing/acting out his character's personality end of things, his flavor text is awesome! :)

Hope you guys find more players sounds like a great campaign ! :) Sillly as this sounds ... a lot of players on here who post that they're free and looking for a campaign wait for the DM to come to them instead of looking over the posts a DM puts up asking for players - personally I think it's because someone new to FG can be a bit intimidated to the point where they're perhaps a bit shy about responding to a DM post looking for players - or the FG newcomer sees so many threads they're overwhelmed and aren't sure how to handle it ... I personally wouldn't see any harm in going through the threads and PMing players directly who are advertising they're available, have done so in the past and had players respond (that's how I recruited strangeblades for example ;) )

Violet
April 15th, 2009, 03:10
I'd be rather interested in playing as well, I'm not familiar with Dragonlance, but I can definitely research it once I get home tonight.

DragonBelow
April 16th, 2009, 00:19
Hi, how's it going?

Dragonlance?? Draconians?? Woo hoo!

I am available to play Friday and Saturday nights. I am in EST but I am willing to start playing late. I love roleplaying my character's characteristics as well as sticking sharp objects into living things.

I am very familiar with the Heroes of the Lance series, starting with the first three books, then the twins' books, Richard Knaak's books about Huma and his minotaur friend and with 3.5 D&D.

Now here is some flavour text.

"Nothing smells like victory like an exploding draconian," - Strangeblades

SB

Very cool StrangeBlades, welcome aboard

DragonBelow
April 16th, 2009, 00:21
I'm going to have to opt out for right now :( owing to having already found a game on Weds .... however would like to give a shout out to strangeblades :) ... had the pleasure of gaming with him once, he's really great at the role playing/acting out his character's personality end of things, his flavor text is awesome! :)

Hope you guys find more players sounds like a great campaign ! :) Sillly as this sounds ... a lot of players on here who post that they're free and looking for a campaign wait for the DM to come to them instead of looking over the posts a DM puts up asking for players - personally I think it's because someone new to FG can be a bit intimidated to the point where they're perhaps a bit shy about responding to a DM post looking for players - or the FG newcomer sees so many threads they're overwhelmed and aren't sure how to handle it ... I personally wouldn't see any harm in going through the threads and PMing players directly who are advertising they're available, have done so in the past and had players respond (that's how I recruited strangeblades for example ;) )

Thanks ofr the interest and the advice, I am hoping to lure DL fans, we'll see

StrangeBlades
April 16th, 2009, 04:44
Thanks for the invite, but how do I sign up, sign up?

1. (question deleted by author - he found the answer in previous post)

2. Do you have a website/page I can sign on with?

3. What do you need from me? Character ideas? PC history? Roll up a character sheet and submit it to you?

4. What is your email? Mine is [email protected].

5. These questions and more can be had if the price is right.

SB

StrangeBlades
April 16th, 2009, 04:50
Hi,

How do I install Pathfinder... thing?

Do I download the PDF from Pathf. website and then drop it into an FG folder?

Do I have to buy the Pathfinder thing?

If so where can it be found and how much is it?

SB

DragonBelow
April 16th, 2009, 05:36
I replied to your private message, check there, also putting your email online like this is not a good idea if you want to keep spam away from your inbox

Thanks for the invite, but how do I sign up, sign up?

1. (question deleted by author - he found the answer in previous post)

2. Do you have a website/page I can sign on with?

3. What do you need from me? Character ideas? PC history? Roll up a character sheet and submit it to you?

4. What is your email? Mine is

5. These questions and more can be had if the price is right.

SB

DragonBelow
April 16th, 2009, 05:41
Hi,

How do I install Pathfinder... thing?

Do I download the PDF from Pathf. website and then drop it into an FG folder?

Do I have to buy the Pathfinder thing?

If so where can it be found and how much is it?

SB

a PDF is a document, it's not meant to be installed in FG, You need to install a PDF Reader (https://get.adobe.com/reader) program in order to be able to open and read it.

DragonBelow
April 16th, 2009, 05:42
I'd be rather interested in playing as well, I'm not familiar with Dragonlance, but I can definitely research it once I get home tonight.

Hi Violet, If you have any questions ask away

DragonBelow
April 16th, 2009, 05:51
You can now find the calendar page for this game in my signature

Ravenmantle
April 18th, 2009, 16:57
I just accepted the invite in the calendar page. :)

DragonBelow
April 21st, 2009, 06:32
I just accepted the invite in the calendar page. :)

Awsesome, welcome

DragonBelow
April 21st, 2009, 06:33
I would like to have ideally 4 players for this game, who else wants in?

Trajan
April 26th, 2009, 03:02
I'm willing to play, if the game is still on.

Livi
April 26th, 2009, 15:26
I am interested in playing. what were the game days again?

DragonBelow
April 27th, 2009, 03:30
I'm willing to play, if the game is still on.

The game is still on, though I want at least 3 players, but prefer 4.

How's your Dragonlance? :)

I am interested in playing. what were the game days again?

The game would be on a weekday night, from 7:30pm to 10:30pm PST

Trajan
April 28th, 2009, 06:41
I read the chronicles trilogy and the test of the twins a number of years ago. I also read some of the prequel novels. I also read the elven nations trilogy. I have played 3.5 for a number of years.

DragonBelow
April 28th, 2009, 16:58
Great, how is your schedule?

Trajan
April 29th, 2009, 05:05
Well...your previous post said tuesday, thursday, or friday. I can make any of those days, my preference would be tuesday first, thurday second, and friday third.

DragonBelow
April 29th, 2009, 19:57
OK, all the players invited, please check the announcement on the campaign page (see my signature) please reply with your game preference (Minotaurs or Draconians)

Blahness98
May 2nd, 2009, 17:47
Man I'd be so in on this campaign, I've always like the dragonlance setting and have a few characters built for the setting. I just wish I knew what my work schedule would be like one week to the next...

Capadocious
May 4th, 2009, 10:10
weekday evenings are mostly good by me, already posted u some concepts. minotaur renegade wizard, Sorceror/dragondisciple or a cleric of kiri-jolith depending on party need.

DragonBelow
May 5th, 2009, 17:01
weekday evenings are mostly good by me, already posted u some concepts. minotaur renegade wizard, Sorceror/dragondisciple or a cleric of kiri-jolith depending on party need.

Capadocious, keep in mind it has not been decided which game we will play yet.

Mychael
May 5th, 2009, 19:20
Capadocious, keep in mind it has not been decided which game we will play yet.
Are you still accepting Players?
What night have you decided on?
Admittedly my DL is a little rusty but I used to play DL quite frequently years ago in 2D. Thanks in advance!
I am also quite familiar with the new Pathfinder Beta rules.

-Myke

DragonBelow
May 5th, 2009, 20:56
Are you still accepting Players?
What night have you decided on?
Admittedly my DL is a little rusty but I used to play DL quite frequently years ago in 2D. Thanks in advance!
I am also quite familiar with the new Pathfinder Beta rules.

-Myke

1) Yes, since none of the players have really confirmed.
2) Either Tuesday or Friday

I will send you an invite

Mychael
May 5th, 2009, 21:07
1) Yes, since none of the players have really confirmed.
2) Either Tuesday or Friday

I will send you an invite
Tuesday 7:30 PST would be awesome.
And I'd throw in a vote for Draconians.

sciencenerd
May 6th, 2009, 03:13
Do you accept players new to pen and paper games in general? I don't mind reading up on the rules/lore.

DragonBelow
May 11th, 2009, 18:33
Do you accept players new to pen and paper games in general? I don't mind reading up on the rules/lore.

I am sorry, but I need a player to know the setting or the rules, or preferably both.

ramirez777
May 11th, 2009, 20:52
If you're still looking for players please let me know. For some reason calander links are not currently working, as it appears they have been disabled. I'm familiar with the Dragonlance setting, as well as pathfinder.

DragonBelow
May 12th, 2009, 00:40
sent you an invite

DragonBelow
May 13th, 2009, 01:05
I will post game server information here shortly before the appointed time!

Mychael
May 13th, 2009, 02:51
Is there a Pathfinder rules set or are we just using the stock 3.5 with mods?

Mychael
May 13th, 2009, 03:27
So are we doing this tonight?

Trajan
May 13th, 2009, 03:29
I think making characters was the plan.

ramirez777
May 13th, 2009, 03:32
I think the game start time is probably 8:30pm pst. I thought it was central time, but no big deal to me. I like the rest of you havn't heard any thing, so it's just an assumption. Hope to see you all there when the GM gets the info posted.

Mychael
May 13th, 2009, 03:33
Was supposed to be 7:30 PST.

DragonBelow
May 13th, 2009, 03:34
Am not home yet (using my phone) will be online in 20 mins or so. Meanwhile, check one of my previous posts in this thread for a link to the pathfinder rules.

Mychael
May 13th, 2009, 03:37
Ok, good to know. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm looking at playing but want to run one thing past you first.

I'm looking at an Aurak Sorcerer.

DragonBelow
May 13th, 2009, 04:05
Ok, I am online, server alias is: good fang zany hook

ramirez777
May 13th, 2009, 04:12
Ok, I am online, server alias is: good fang zany hook

Not sure if the server is just currently down, but I am unable to connect to: good fang zany hook. Please keep me updated, thanks.

Trajan
May 13th, 2009, 04:21
Keep trying, it took me a few times

ramirez777
May 13th, 2009, 04:27
Keep trying, it took me a few times

Ask Dragonbelow if he's set a player limit, or somthing else I may be unaware of. I'm currently having no luck connecting, and it doesn't have anything to do with the connection on my end. It could be Fantasy Grounds hosting of his server, but I'm not honestly sure.

Mychael
May 13th, 2009, 04:33
Odd... I was able to hop right in.

DragonBelow
May 13th, 2009, 04:35
I am behind a couple of firewalls, but the fact that mychael and trajan are in should be indication that you should be able to login, I didn't set any limits

ramirez777
May 13th, 2009, 04:35
It's letting me connect to other servers on my list, just for some reason it's not letting me connect to the one Dragon's hosting. I've entered the correct string of words, so I'm honestly not sure where the problem could be.

Mychael
May 13th, 2009, 15:36
Hope you don't mind DB but I threw up ads for players on a couple of other gaming sites. Hopefully we can get 1 or 2 more from that and then we'll be good to play.

DragonBelow
May 13th, 2009, 22:43
3 players is the minimum for me, so we're good to go as is.

Thanks to all that showed up last night, our actual first game session will be on the 26th

Mychael
May 14th, 2009, 00:22
Ok right on. Well, we'll see if anyone else is interested and if not run it from here.

Barker
May 23rd, 2009, 23:45
If you're still looking for group members, I'd like to join. I found this on Pen&Paper posted by Mychael. I'm not very familiar with the DragonLance setting, but I'm very familiar with the 3.5 ruleset.

Mychael
May 26th, 2009, 21:51
We're still on for tonight right?

DragonBelow
May 27th, 2009, 00:53
Yes, we're on!, I will post here when the server is up!

ramirez777
May 27th, 2009, 03:09
It's 40 mins after start time, are we still playing?

Mychael
May 27th, 2009, 03:14
Actually start time is in 15 minutes.

Trajan
May 27th, 2009, 03:14
Game start is 7:30pm PST, which is in 16 mins from now.

Mychael
May 27th, 2009, 03:19
Game start is 7:30pm PST, which is in 16 mins from now.
Too slow....

ramirez777
May 27th, 2009, 03:22
Ok, for some reason when he sent out a confirmation for coming it showed 8:30 p.m cst as the start time. My apologies, see you all when he posts the server coming online.

DragonBelow
May 27th, 2009, 03:26
Server is up

DragonBelow
June 9th, 2009, 17:54
I am going on a trip on Thursday, and I still have a million things to do, I am sorry but I will have to cancel tonights session, I will see you in two weeks.

Maybe we can schedule an extra session to compensate after I return.