PDA

View Full Version : Combat Tracker in Foundation 3,5

Rasmus
March 26th, 2009, 23:47
Hey Everybody

I'm new to Fantasy Grounds or well I been on the forum bitching for a linux or mac version of the program for some time. Finally got around to making another boot with windows xp and bought the program yesterday :)

Well doing what I thought should be my first great game session, we got completely stuck. The combat tracker in Foundation 3.5e didn't work. Couldn't drag players into it, couldn't drag monsters into it...only think working was creating new entries...

Looked at the forum and fund several posts about this, and sorry for reposting, but since I'm new here. Is this gonna be fixed?? Anyone working on it?? Am I missing something??

Please help, since my players are very much into D&D 3,5 edition

Griogre
March 27th, 2009, 07:04
It's still broken in release. It seems fixed in the 2.4.0 patch that is in beta, but I didn't test it extensively.

You have two choices. 1) Download the d20 ruleset from the download section or 2) have all your group run the beta until it is released (probably next weekish depending on if anything else is found).

If your next game isn't until next week I'd wait and see if there is a release of 2.4.0. If you need to run this week - I would probably suggest the beta over the d20 ruleset since that is going to be the way of the future and it has better features than the d20 ruleset (plus you have to get all your guys to install the d20 ruleset if you want to avoid a ruleset transfer).

Rasmus
March 29th, 2009, 23:13
thanks for the reply and great advise, we had a evening of fun using the d20 now. I think we'll changes once the foundation is working...but anyways we're still learning the program

Griogre
March 30th, 2009, 08:44
I'm glad you got things working.

Aegis
April 23rd, 2009, 03:06
Any more news on when the patch with the combat tracker fix will be released?

Thanks!

Bidmaron
April 23rd, 2009, 19:52
there is another, better choice. Go to Four Ugly Monsters website and download and install the 3.5_jpg ruleset. The beta version is very stable and is the most feature-rich ruleset for 3.5 available. Moon_wizard, who doesn't even play 3.5 anymore maintains it out of the goodness of his heart. So if you download it, be sure and thank him. You will have to read the included read me's to figure out it's enhancements, but trust me, this is the one to use.

Aegis
April 23rd, 2009, 20:46
Thank you...I will go check it out!