PDA

View Full Version : Multi-IP Firewall Port Exit Help Needed Pls.

Lallatwiddle
March 25th, 2009, 22:59
Hi all, I'm sorry if I missed it somewhere in the forums as I did attempt to search up a resolution for my problem before posting.
My husband and I are both behind the same router so I could in theory only port forward one of the two primary computers to 1802. Is there a solution for this problem that anyone could suggest? Thanks much all.

W.Rose

Griogre
March 26th, 2009, 03:41
If you are not hosting at the same time it doesn't matter you can only forward one port. Players don't need to port forward (a player on the local LAN should use the local IP to connect though).

If you do need to run a game at the same time, I would suggest the computer without the port forwarding use a VPN like Hamachi.

Tenian
March 26th, 2009, 11:15
Isn't there a command line switch to change FGII's port? You could do that with one machine and forward the alternate port to the second machine.

Oberoten
March 26th, 2009, 14:17
-P <portnumber>

Lallatwiddle
March 26th, 2009, 22:39
Griogre, thanks but for some reason it's not letting both of our computers leave the network with only my comp being port forwarded.
Tenian and Oberoten, thanks much. I'll give that a try next chance I get and let you guys know if it worked.

WRose

Griogre
March 26th, 2009, 22:57
The port shortcut should work too, but your router won't let a VPN out at the same time when the other computer is hosting? I find that pretty surprising. You don't have that other computer in a DMZ or something do you? That would pretty much stop another computer from doing any hosting. On the different port make sure you remember to open and setup port forwarding to the second computer.

Lallatwiddle
March 31st, 2009, 05:34
Looks like the problem is resolved now but I haven't had a chance to extensively test it. Thanks again to everyone for the help. If anything creeps up I know where to come for help!

WRose