PDA

View Full Version : What Happened To My Images?

Foen
March 25th, 2009, 11:48
I've been converting client modules to common modules in my campaign, so I don't have to keep sending new files to all the players when I update the campaign reference material.

The problem is, the images embedded in the .mod files don't seem to be copied across to the clients - only the xml and module thumbnail are copied. This means that overland maps and pictures of campaign areas are not visible to the players.

The original files are a couple of hundred KB, but they appear as less than 20KB in the client cache as .dat files. I have even tried this out on a LAN client (to rule out internet bandwidth issues) to no avail.

Have I missed something?

Foen

Griogre
March 25th, 2009, 19:05
Just a shot in the dark but did you "Force" load the modules?

Foen
March 25th, 2009, 19:28
Yup, is that a problem?

Griogre
March 25th, 2009, 20:13
No, only if you forgot to set it - the stuff won't transfer - I meant to ask if you double checked to make sure force load was set. Hmm, do you have the same problem with other rulesets? I wonder about a time out also.

I don't think common files are cached in the dat file, though - my understanding is there is a transfer at the start of each session - what happens if you only have one player connected and you let it sit five or ten minutes?

Phystus
March 26th, 2009, 01:51
Did you leave the filenames of the images the same as in the client mods?

~P

Foen
March 26th, 2009, 07:20
@Griogre I haven't tried with other rulesets, the only common modules I have are the CoC ones and they don't have images (just tokens). I'll try changing the module to be compatible with d20 and get back to you. My LAN test was only one client, and I let it sit for an hour or so.

@Phystus The filenames are unchanged, but do contain space characters. I'll try removing the spaces to see if they are causing a problem, although I can't see how: the issue is that the image data isn't being transferred, not that it cannot be accessed.

Foen

Phystus
March 27th, 2009, 01:14
I wasn't thinking about the spaces, I was just thinking that there'd be existing links to the client version in the cache, so the clients weren't trying to load them. Hence my suggestion to rename them, which would force the load. I guess removing the spaces would be renaming them, so that should tell us something.

~P

Griogre
March 27th, 2009, 06:48
I was thinking. I'm not sure what would happen if you had both a client module on a slave and pushed a common out with the same name from the server.