PDA

View Full Version : Overriding the chat window in an extension

Valarian
March 23rd, 2009, 12:12
I've been trying to override the chat window control using an extension (to reduce the screen resolution dependency). However, no matter what I try it's complaining about the window references already registered in the ruleset rather than using the overriding values in the extension.

What are the rules on the getting the extension to override the ruleset?
Is there a way to unregister controls that have already been registered?

Valarian
April 17th, 2009, 13:48
Is there any guidance on the rules for overriding controls?
I'm still having difficulty overriding the chat window and control in an extension. It keeps saying that the control is already registered. I'm using the same name as in the ruleset, so I would expect it to override.

Bidmaron
April 18th, 2009, 13:43
Valarian, I am just getting started on extensions. I've had only one trivial victory in my Traps extension, so I'm not any help. What you are saying makes sense to me, though. Seems like it should work.

Moon Wizard
April 18th, 2009, 21:47
I have tried several times to make changes in the ruleset that would allow the chatwindow to be resized. Every time, I've found that the chatwindow is a unique beast within Fantasy Grounds, and highly resistant to modification.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were unable to override the chatwindow control without changes in the base Fantasy Grounds code. However, I have very little experience with extensions, and overriding controls.

Cheers,
JPG

Valarian
April 19th, 2009, 16:30
I can do it by modifying the ruleset, fairly easily. The changes are in the thread regarding running on a netbook and where the minimum resolution of 1024x768 was discovered. However, trying to do the same as an extension doesn't work.