PDA

View Full Version : Alignement in stringfield

Nilliom
March 22nd, 2009, 14:19
I have found that there is the <center/> tag for centering data into a stringfield. Is there other options like, the base behavior is left aligned. Is there a way to do right alignement?

Thanks

PneumaPilot
March 23rd, 2009, 14:06
There is no <right /> tag, but if you want to right-align something, just use the right anchor and make the bounds for your stringfield the same size as the string. Or maybe there's something else you're trying to do where you need a different behavior from what I've described?

Nilliom
March 23rd, 2009, 14:33
I have a line of size 60 ( a string field) and I want to have the number it contain be disposed at the end of that line

ex:

Initiative __________1

Tenian
March 23rd, 2009, 14:52
If you make it a numberfield it should right align by default. For strings your choices are center (with the tag) or left (default). Trying to render a table can be quite a challenge because of this.

PneumaPilot
March 23rd, 2009, 19:17
You know, I don't think I've ever realized that about number fields right aligning. Thanks, Tenian!

Tenian
March 23rd, 2009, 19:25
I'm 90% sure they right align. My laptop is on critical battery right now so I can't check to be sure :)

Foen
March 23rd, 2009, 23:45
Numbers center-align, I believe. Pneuma has it correct about string fields though. If you anchor the top and the right side of a string field, it will auto-resize and right align.

Foen

PneumaPilot
March 24th, 2009, 01:23
Hehe, actually that wasn't what I was thinking. I thought that you had to make the control the proper size first. I didn't know about the resizing. That makes it even better!