PDA

View Full Version : Hunting for an Old D&D Adventure

mr_h
March 21st, 2009, 00:53
I could have sworn I had this module, but I'll be darned if I can find it anymore. A looong while back, either Polyhedron or Dungeon magazine had a unique little adventure. Its main character was a level 1 Fighter/Thief/Magic User/Cleric named something like Hugo the Hapless. The other characters actually played magic items, including a sword, boots, bracers, a wand and a ring. They were trying to escape some mountain.

I can not locate this magazine copy anywhere. Can anyone help me out, point me in the right way?

Sigurd
March 21st, 2009, 01:11
Doesn't ring a bell. Your best bet might be to remember anything that is concretely in the adventure and pump it into Google.

Sigurd

Callum
March 21st, 2009, 13:32
I'm guessing this is pre-3E, by the classes you list. If you can remember the name of the adventure or the main opponents, I should be able to look it up in my Dungeon index.

mr_h
March 21st, 2009, 16:33
Yeah, this is an old one, definitly in the AD&D days (I was in high school (89-93) when it came out. The only thing from the title that I can recall is it was one of those "Escape from something something mountain". I definitly know Mountain was in the title...

The google has been letting me down for the past week, which is why I came here to ask for help:)

zabulus
March 21st, 2009, 18:47
The adventure you are looking for appeared in Polyhedron 38 and is called "Escape from Demoncoomb Mountain".

*flexes his google muscle*

mr_h
March 21st, 2009, 19:20
Hot diggity, thanks! I have no idea why it never showed up on my google searches...my google-fu is weak lately.