PDA

View Full Version : Error Loading Data

SirPinhead
March 20th, 2009, 14:57
Hello All!

I'm having a strange issue. When I try to start a game (Tales of Dinor) or make a character with the FOUNDATION ruleset I get the following error...

ERROR LOADING DATA

A XML pause error occurred processing file base.xml
Error in line 0: Error Document Empty
Dou you want to try reloading the data?
YES NO

I'm not sure how to fix this? Any Ideas?
I'm patched up in FG2 and using Windows XP Pro (W/SP3)

Help! and Cheers to you all!

cpbs
March 20th, 2009, 16:48
Check to make sure you have a FOUNDATION ruleset folder in your "AppData" folder for Vista, or your application data for XP. I am running into the same problem because I run a old "d20" game and the d20 ruleset is not supported anymore. So when I do an install of Fantasy Grounds, the d20 ruleset is gone, make it impossible to boot because I am missing that basic.xml file. Now I try to create a game and run it though another ruleset it works fine.

zabulus
March 20th, 2009, 18:36
Check to make sure you have a FOUNDATION ruleset folder in your "AppData" folder for Vista, or your application data for XP. I am running into the same problem because I run a old "d20" game and the d20 ruleset is not supported anymore. So when I do an install of Fantasy Grounds, the d20 ruleset is gone, make it impossible to boot because I am missing that basic.xml file. Now I try to create a game and run it though another ruleset it works fine.

I don't know if you actually have a problem with this, but just in case: the D20 ruleset is still available in the downloads section here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/d20-Ruleset-Setup.exe)

SirPinhead
March 20th, 2009, 20:53
Hmm I tried adding a folder and I keep getting the same message. It almost seems like the Foundation ruleset is missing. I'm really not sure where to go from here.

I'll keep trying. Thanks for all of the help!

cpbs
March 21st, 2009, 22:54
I don't know if you actually have a problem with this, but just in case: the D20 ruleset is still available in the downloads section here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/d20-Ruleset-Setup.exe)

Yeah I already figure it out, thanks ;)

masteraries
March 22nd, 2009, 22:58
I am getting the error too....but im running Vista

EDIT: need to read replys before i post, just found the solution
EDIT2: I am still getting the problem :(

cpbs
March 23rd, 2009, 03:22
Hmm I tried adding a folder and I keep getting the same message. It almost seems like the Foundation ruleset is missing. I'm really not sure where to go from here.

I'll keep trying. Thanks for all of the help!

I answered this on another post but I don't know if it will help you the same way it helped me.

What I did to fix this problem is that when you uninstall FG II you will need to delete the old folders that it created in your programfiles and also save/move your old app folder of FGII to a back up location. What will happen is that when you install FGII again it will connect with the FG server and install the Foundation rule_set for you again, in full, or at least it did for me. Then I just imported my old campaigns back into the app folder and it all worked out. But again if you are using d20_ruleset you will need to download that separately as FGII will not install it again.

Hope that helps.

Foen
March 23rd, 2009, 07:32
I don't think you should ever see a foundation ruleset in the AppData folder: it is a PAK ruleset and will be installed in the FGII directory under Program Files.

Foen

cpbs
March 23rd, 2009, 16:14
Foen is right, but with the new 2.4.0 release, it might fix any of these errors.

Griogre
March 24th, 2009, 02:43
The 2.4.0 is suppose to make extentions available in local mode. This will allow local characters to me made with the foundation ruleset, 3.5 extension.

Support for local mode extensions was added. When local mode is started with a locally installed ruleset, any compatible extensions also locally installed can be enabled. When browsing campaigns previously played, the extensions enabled by the host on the last session will be automatically loaded.

This version should be going live in a week or so barring something bad being uncovered.