PDA

View Full Version : Generate Alias?

cpbs
March 20th, 2009, 05:35
For some reason or another, I can not generate an alias for my server. When I click on the generate icon, it does nothing. I can open up my second Fantasy Grounds program and log into my sever using my network ip address but when I try getting someone to use my outside ip address it will not work. I have setup my router like it should but it still won't transfer by using my outside ip-address.

Now is the problem with FG? With the inability to create an alias? or is it with my ip-address? I have attached my port forwarding and everything looks ok. So I am up in arms on what to do before my game i host the saturday.

:confused:

cpbs
March 22nd, 2009, 15:20
Anyone else have this same problem where the alias generator will not produce an alias?

Bidmaron
March 23rd, 2009, 00:23
Have you gone to the sticky at the top on network? Did you run the port sniffer to see if your 1802 is really open? Try that first. If your port isn't open even though it looks like it's enabled on the router, make sure windows firewall is turned off. Sometimes it turns itself on somehow. Also, double check (using ipconfig like the sticky note tells you) that your host actually has the local ip address that your modem tcp punch-through is set to use.

cpbs
March 23rd, 2009, 01:41
Well I finally got it fixed ;) I had to turn off my wifi on the laptop then plug in an Ethernet cable. With that done I requested the router to send me a new network ip 192.168.X.X. From there I went back into the router and changed the the port forwarding to the new network ip address that I got. Then I went back and turned off the firewall. This made it able for me to actually get Alias's and also host a game.

Wow, it just took me 3 days of install and uninstalling, unplugging and plugging in again. I need to writing a manual for myself on this one lol

Thanks again tho :o