PDA

View Full Version : Problems Creating a New Character

SweetActionPoo
March 18th, 2009, 19:03
When I try to create a character on the using my local server thingy, all I can do is name it. I haven't used FG2 in about a year, so I guess things have changed. Also, I'm using Vista.

Griogre
March 18th, 2009, 19:15
Most rulesets do not allow you to make local characters with the lite version of FG. The only two right now that I am aware of are the d20 and GURPS ones. If you are not using one of those you will not be able to make a local character and will have to connect to the server to make your character.

However, if you are techically inclined you could build a PAK ruleset of the ruleset you are using and distribute it to the rest of your group. Josh says how to do this in a sticky in the workshop. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9166

Oberoten
March 18th, 2009, 22:49
Problem here is in using the foundation ruleset I believe. Since it needs the extension loaded to do any PC creation? It just won't work under Light.

-Obe

rlejeune01
May 30th, 2009, 02:16
I bought both the lite and the full versions and it wouldn't let me do more than name the character in either of them. How do I do this. Read the guide and all and changed everything away from read only, but still no go.

Oberoten
May 30th, 2009, 07:00
Have you activated the 3.5e Extension?