PDA

View Full Version : Modules not loading...

Wargamer777
March 18th, 2009, 17:24
Why am I getting this when I connect to a server and try to activate the server's modules?

https://img528.imageshack.us/img528/1049/modules.gif (https://www.imagehosting.com/)

I've already deleted the cache folder and re-downloaded from the server. I did have modules in my own local modules folder, but I have removed all of those to a different location and connected and the same thing.

Moon Wizard
March 18th, 2009, 18:19
Some of my players have seen this as well.

JPG

Tenian
March 18th, 2009, 18:30
Are the modules "client" modules? If so then you need to download them and place them in your local modules folder manually.

"common" modules are synchronized with the server automatically.

Since those look like 4E modules from my parser, they are probably client modules...which is the preferred method of building them since the parser tends to build large modules.

Griogre
March 18th, 2009, 19:10
See the spider web in the lower left? That means the host has made them available. But since you don't have the modules you can't open anything. If you have a client module that is a different version from the hosts you may see two entires for a certain module and when you try to open your version the host will have to approve it opening.

I don't think Common modules not on the client will appear on the client's activation list without the host force loading them.

Wargamer777
March 19th, 2009, 04:53
That explains it then. I downloaded the modules from the DM's personal web site and put them in my mods folder and they worked. So they were client based.

I do have some of my own and they did show up like you mentioned Griogre. I had removed them because I thought they may have created a conflict.

Tenian: Do you know if having your own mods locally would possibly interfere with or corrupt server copies?

Tenian
March 19th, 2009, 11:09
client modules are read from the client.
common modules are downloaded like any other part of the ruleset.

You should have the option to use either (provided the host has common modules). I'm not 100% sure how it will handle having 2 modules with the same name. I think you'll have both as choices.

NightShade3213
November 21st, 2009, 03:29
Where do you put the modules at on an Xp machine? they work on Vista but I can't get to work on my clients with XP

Griogre
November 21st, 2009, 09:58
Press the Start Button -> All Programs -> Fantasy Grounds 2 -> Application Data Folder. Modules go in the module folder. The data application short cut goes to the right place regardless of Windows version.

NightShade3213
November 22nd, 2009, 00:23
Thanks, Thanks and Thanks again....