PDA

View Full Version : 4E_JPG 1.4+ Screen Shots

Tenian
March 13th, 2009, 15:02
There haven't been a lot of cool screen shots from games. I remember seeing the early 4E ones and they really inspired me to make my maps, tokens, etc look better. I'm hoping other people post some shots from whatever rulesets they are using....

I play with my laptop with an external monitor connected to it. I stretch the FGII window across both screens. They are approximately the same height (50 pixels or so different). Physically the break between the two screens occurs in the right wing of the background picture. You'll notice this area is empty in both images. Moving the mouse from one screen to the other takes a bit of getting used to, but I can't imagine playing with less screen real estate, especially as a DM.

Thursday.jpg is the player perspective of my Thursday night game. The DM (Eric) spent a lot of time adjusting the maps so they meet his demanding quality standards and managed to not be multiple megs.

You can also see a few of the 1.4+ features of the 4E_JPG ruleset from the player perspective. Notably the weapon names on attack rolls in chat (Breen uses a dagger he calls "Death Whisper", Talasar uses a glaive named "Troll's Fang", Dueraim uses an axe named "Beardtrimmer!"). The effect lists associated with powers (mini sheet) and the Modifier window.

Poolside.jpg is a shot I took during the 1.4 development testing. I actually ran one of the Lairs from Open Grave as a one shot. Despite the issues the ruleset had, everything seemed to work out okay. As we used to say in EQ: "Stuff died, people got loot"

You can see the some effect messages in Chat and the effects menu. Really this doesn't provide all that much of a window into the 1.4+ features. You can also see a few story nodes, these were all generated by the parser and are rolled into my Open Grave module along with the NPC stats, maps, etc. In fact I was able to run this session with about 2 hours of prep time...not counting the time I used to input everyone's characters.

Blue Haven
March 14th, 2009, 01:22
Very cool :) and that Hulk Zombie seems like my chaos giant from warhammer games ;)