PDA

View Full Version : Sharing "Story" sheets with links

fruitcake
March 13th, 2009, 02:14
I'm trying to set up a story sheet that would be shared with all players in the campaign. the story sheet contains links to various need-to-know campaign aspects such as the map, travel times, location expositions and details, etc....this information is all contained in other story sheets.

Only the linked entry for the campaign map seems to work for any of the players.

Is there a way to set this up so that the players can use this sheet to access others at-will?

Foen
March 13th, 2009, 07:08
Hi Fruitcake, and welcome to the FG forums - hopefully you will find us friendly and helpful!

On this particular subject, I'd suggest you might want to create a new reference module which has that kind of material in it. Reference modules have formatted text, cross-links, images etc in them, and can be browsed by players at will.

On the upside, you don't have to share them manually each game (players just look in the Library whenever they need something) and they can open and close them at will without cluttering up their desktop.

On the downside, they will have access whenever they want, so you don't get to control when they can browse the content.

I have a campaign reference module which runs with the unmodified d20 ruleset for my Withered Lands Campaign (https://www.witheredlands.co.uk/downloads.aspx). Under the Reference Materials heading you'll find a link to the zip file. Ignore the instructions on the web site (they are out of date), just unzip the file and save it in your FG modules directory.

Having installed it, you can boot up FG and open the module to see if it is the sort of thing you are after.

Happy to answer questions on it.

All the best,

Foen