PDA

View Full Version : Blocked Server

DMdomination
March 12th, 2009, 15:58
I have been using FGII for over a year. I recently restored my computer and ran a game on Sunday with no problem. All of sudden this week it refuses to allow anyone to connect and i check to confirm my IP address is static and everything is the same as before and it doesn't show anything different. Was there recently an update or has anyone else had this happen. If anyone could provide another avenue to explore i would greatly appreciate it.

zabulus
March 12th, 2009, 19:27
Which IP-address is static? My IP to the outside world seems static enough, but every now and then my FG computer receives a new local IP-address, and I have to redo my port-forwarding on my router.

Griogre
March 12th, 2009, 19:33
There was a Windows update recently. It you use a different firewall on your computer than the Windows one, check to see if it got turned on. You don't want more than one firewall active.

DMdomination
March 12th, 2009, 20:11
i shut off the windows firewall and am using Mcafee but it is configured and worked before with it, When i use www.canyouseeme.org this is the message i get

Error: I could not see your service on 65.8.141.105 on port (1802)
Reason: Connection timed out

Griogre
March 12th, 2009, 21:25
That looks like a firewall issue, but to make sure did you have the server running while you checked the port?

Yes, but have you shut the Window's Firewall off lately? :) Windows updates sometimes turns the Windows Firewall back on without warning you, leaving you with two firewalls on. As you probably never have configured the Windows Firewall to let FG act as a server, it would block FG. Make sure it is still off.

The other thing is recheck your router settings. If you had a power drop or something and your router is not on a UPS it may have re-set your router.

DMdomination
March 12th, 2009, 21:50
It is up and going, guess that update turned on my firewall, thanks i didn't know they did that :-D.