PDA

View Full Version : 4E_JPG Ruleset Bug for Barbarians

Olat
March 11th, 2009, 18:18
I found a Bug with the Barbarian Power 'Howling Strike' In the Dungeon / Dragon PHB the power corectly states 1[w] + 1d6 + STR at lvl 1 and then increases to 2[w] + 2d6 + str at lvl 11....

When I add that power to my Character sheet and go to use it
The power only reads 1[w] + STR at lvl 1 and 2[w] + 2d6 + STR at lvl 11

I have tried to manually type it in the Power Desc but it doesnt affect how the Auto Dmg Rollow does it when I double click it from the Char Mini Sheet.

EugeneZ
March 12th, 2009, 01:12
Whether this would be a bug is debatable. There simply isn't support for additional damage dice in a power. It's more of a lack of a feature than a bug, and moon_wizard knows about it.

To get around it, simply create a conditional power called "Howling Strike Bonus Damage" that only had a single d6 under damage. The player still has to drag & drop two rolls instead of one but them's the breaks.

Coincidentally, issues with 4e_JPG are probably better off in the four ugly monsters forum where you got the ruleset.

Xorn
March 12th, 2009, 22:49
We use the same method to handle Hunter's Quarry and Sneak Attack damage.

Xulthaeyr
March 30th, 2009, 22:28
Another way I've found is on your combat tab of the full character sheet create another version of the weapon with the additional die. Weapon 1 execution axe in damage box d12. Weapon 2 execution axe in damage box d12 and d6.
I then just select weapon 2 in the power tab under the howling strike.

Tenian
March 30th, 2009, 22:36
That does not work if your weapon has additional properties such as Brutal (which the execution axe does). The Brutal will incorrectly apply to both dice.