PDA

View Full Version : Parsing Issues.

Olat
March 8th, 2009, 07:12
Ok,

I followed Tenians guide to Parsing on the FG wiki page of a single monster from 4e MM I. Everything works. I continued my work on that for a few more monsters to get used to the formatting and tactics and lore and such. Everything works fine.

The issue comes into play when I want to create a module of my own using NPC's and creatures I have created.

I follow the same Steps and I get the module to load into FG. I see the Icon in the Modules Tab. I open the book to load it. I click on Library and NOTHING.

Output: Kaldor Nights MM I
Category: Kalador
Mode: KNMMI

Under NPC / Monsters the 'Output to Library' is CHECKED. I made sure to look at that.

Im not using any Fluff or any Batch File's
I Zip it and rename it manually.

Everything Parses fine because I looked at the XML and the information is there and seems to be correct. But for some reason its not loading into my Library.

Any suggestions or ideas?
Thanks much in advance

A DM near you,
-Olat

Foen
March 8th, 2009, 07:54
Stupid question, but have you enabled the module using the 'modules' dialogue box? It won't show in the library until you do.

Foen

Olat
March 9th, 2009, 04:03
You mean in the top right, where you actually have to flip open the book and can set permissions?

Ya it shows up there, I load the module by opening the little book, and then go check my library... and nothing.

Doskious
March 9th, 2009, 05:37
The Module that you created and then loaded, if it is comprised of FG-created-and-compiled material, you should see the module data under the same locations as the source was created in, eg. Story module content in the Story section, images in Images, etc, or at least that's been my experience.. When exporting the module, did you properly designate the module content as Host and also to create an index in the Library, in the /export configuration?

~Doskious Steele

Griogre
March 9th, 2009, 05:53
The book opened though, when you activated it right? Check to see if the monsters are mixed in with the Monster Manual ones.