PDA

View Full Version : Demo: Error Code 14

SirLOL
March 7th, 2009, 01:21
Whats the deal with this?
How come there isnt some sort of auto join game from a server or something...how am I supposed to test this out?

Spyke
March 7th, 2009, 14:13
Whats the deal with this?
How come there isnt some sort of auto join game from a server or something...how am I supposed to test this out?Well, mainly because the software works peer to peer, so there is no central server to join.

I see you've revived your thread from 2007. Since you're still getting the same error code, I assume you're still trying to run the demo on your old Dell machine with onboard graphics. The chances are that your machine and graphics board aren't up to the minimum spec for the software:

Windows XP or Vista with DirectX 9.0 and a DirectX 9.0 compatible video adapter
Pentium 3 500MHz or equivalent
RAM: 256 MB
Video memory: 32 MB
Hard drive space: 30 MB

Time of this report: 9/30/2007, 20:35:54
Machine name: HOME
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
System Model: L500cx
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel Pentium III, ~490MHz
Memory: 318MB RAM
Page File: 329MB used, 444MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit UnicodeYour machine speed is scraping in just under the minimum, your RAM's OK, your DirectX version is OK, and you're on XP, so the likely culprit is your onboard graphics controller.

Intel(R) 82810e Graphics Controller (Microsoft Corporation)This seems to have the bare minimum of 32Mb, but it's a pretty old piece of kit now. So I suspect you're unlucky and your hardware's just not quite recent enough. You might consider adding a new, cheap graphics card.

Otherwise you might be running some other software which is conflicting with Fantasy Grounds.

Spyke

SirLOL
March 7th, 2009, 16:27
Thank you, Now thats taken care of, verrified and wrapped tight. Time to fix/buy/whatever...

Untill next time,

This has Been SirLOL.