PDA

View Full Version : Group Inventory

Maxxx26
March 1st, 2009, 15:44
Ok, this is a question about the possibilities of the rulesets. I already made some quite extensive modifications of the base d20 ruleset, but now I have come to a point where I have no clue how to do it.

Is it possible to make a inventory window that every player can access and modify? Basically I would like to have a window similar to the inventory screen of the character sheet, accessible with a button on the right, with the only difference that this can be modified by every player.

Foen
March 1st, 2009, 22:37
The short answer is 'yes', but it is far from easy. FG has a built-in mechanism which allows one player (the owner) to be able to examine and modify something, and which allows other players (holders) to examine it, but prevents them from being able to modify it. This works fine for character sheets, but isn't so great for shared resources.

Behind the scenes FG permits multiple players to edit something (I think the <playercontrol/> tag allows this) but it isn't accessible from code :(

Foen

Maxxx26
March 2nd, 2009, 16:39
Ah, so I could theorically make a sheet that allows one player to view and modify it, but is still easily viewable (non-editable) by all other players using holder tags.

Would it be possible to change the holder tag on the fly during play. Thus switching the ability to modify the sheet from one player to another. Meaning that at any given time only one player is able to modify the sheet, but everybody is able to view it.

In gameplay this should work as follows:
1) All players join
2) DM chooses one player as the holder of the group inventory
3) Another player wants to modify something
4) DM switches the holder tag to the other player, allowing him to modify it
5) Afterwards switches back or waits until another player wants to access it.