PDA

View Full Version : I will be running a random weekly D&D 3.5 game, Saturday, 12 Noon PST to 6 PM

Narf the Mouse
February 28th, 2009, 03:53
The adventure will be whatever I've snagged and want to try and will continue until done - Characters are expected to be persistant within an adventure, but not between adventures - I'm not worried about continuity.

Be advised that, although I've been near-constantly RPG'ing and RP'ing for five years, I'm still learning about GM'ing.

Character level must be 2 for this adventure (Please see house-rules). It is largely a dungeon crawl - 'Barrow of the Forgotten King' - Because that's what looked the most interesting when I browsed the FLGS. I haven't done published adventures before.

I will also be experimenting with house rules, which will be posted beforehand and should not be unweildy.

For this game, there are four, one major and three minor:

1) Multi-classing will be AD&D-style multi-classing. Your experience will be divided among all of your classes to determine your class level in each; your total experience will determine your character level. You take the highest of common abilities (ie., HP per level, BAB, Fort, Reflex, Will, two sources of sneak attacks) and gain dis/abilities from both classes.

Thus, if you pick Fighter/Barbarian, your character will be a Fighter 1/Barbarian 1, with 1000 XP and CL 2.
Stat sample: 12+Con HP, +1 BAB, +2 Fort, Fast Movement, Illiteracy, Rage 1/day and a Fighter Bonus Feat.

At level 3, said character will be a Fighter 2/Barbarian 2, with 3000 XP and CL 3.
Stat Sample: 12+1d12/1d10+Con HP, +2 BAB, +3 Fort, Fast Movement, Illiteracy, Rage 1/day, Uncanny Dodge and two Fighter Bonus Feats.

Stat Sample CL 5: Fighter 3/Barbarian 3: 12+2d12/2d10+Con HP, +3 BAB, +3 Fort, Fast Movement, Illiteracy, Rage 1/day, Uncanny Dodge, Trap Sense and two Fighter Bonus Feats.

1a) Because of this, only core classes will be accepted and, to keep it simple, only from the PHB for this game.
1b) No races with level adjustments, please. :)

2) Negative levels will be -1 HP per level and -1 to all die rolls, to keep thing simple. So with two negative levels, your HP is 2 lower; your attack rolls are two lower and your Magic Missile die (If you have it) is d4-1.

Do not want: Constant rules-nags (If everything has to be RAW-perfect, I am *Not* the GM for you. :) ), mono-focused players (Hey, I'm an OT-guy! :p :D ) and munchkins (I'm sorry, but at second level, you are *Not* getting a vorpal sword. :p :D ) and Evil characters (Faaar too much hassle). Also, must be willing to bite the plot hook. ;)

trevorgall
February 28th, 2009, 06:09
I think that is 6am Sunday Sydney tine ie gmt+10? I might be interested, if ive got that time correct.

Narf the Mouse
February 28th, 2009, 07:50
Pacific Standard Time. It = GMT - 8. I'm in the British Columbia, Canada, Vancouver area.

Narf the Mouse
February 28th, 2009, 16:57
The 'campaign' name is 'Random Saturdays' - the campaign has been added to the game calendar.

Narf the Mouse
February 28th, 2009, 18:07
Server up at 10:00 AM while I do prep work; IP is in the game calendar. If less than two people show by 1:00 PM (One hour after start time), I`ll close the server and the game will restart next saturday.

Come on in, the weather`s dangerous!

Narf the Mouse
March 1st, 2009, 00:20
Server was closed at 1:00 PM; there was some trouble with connections; due to the help and persistant PMs :) of one Elbregan, I managed to get it fixed - Port forwarding and whatnot.

The server should be easily accessable by the alias next Saturday.

Narf the Mouse
March 2nd, 2009, 04:09
Hmm...Multi-class skills weren't explicitely covered.

As per the general houserule, you get the highest number of skill points of all your classes, per class levels. You also get the combined skill lists to choose from.

This is offset, I believe, by having less class levels and having to split your skills more ways to cover the classes' focuses.

angelofdemons
March 3rd, 2009, 12:40
Sure Narf, I'm down for saturdays. ill PM you my sheet.

Valarian
March 3rd, 2009, 15:28
Narf, how long do you go on gaming?
12 noon PST on Saturday works out at around 8pm for me (UK time).
I'd be interested, but I can't go on until 2am. I'd have to call it a day around midnight.

Narf the Mouse
March 5th, 2009, 02:22
Narf, how long do you go on gaming?
12 noon PST on Saturday works out at around 8pm for me (UK time).
I'd be interested, but I can't go on until 2am. I'd have to call it a day around midnight.
12 noon to 6 PM, which would be 2am for you.

This is based on a time I can be sure I'll be up at on Saturday, as I tend to be a 'night person' and Friday night is when I stay up late.

I could move it up to two hours earlier, but then I may not be there on time anywhere near consistantly.

2 slots filled (Active in game calendar); 3 left.

Narf the Mouse
March 5th, 2009, 18:12
I've got a Prale and Khausman applying - Could Prale and Khausman post here, so I know they're not bots and have looked at this thread?

Thank you. :)

Valarian
March 5th, 2009, 18:35
12 noon to 6 PM, which would be 2am for you.
Wow, the full six hours. That's a little late for me then, sorry.

Narf the Mouse
March 5th, 2009, 22:42
Wow, the full six hours. That's a little late for me then, sorry.
Sorry to hear that.

I've got a Prale and Khausman applying - Could Prale and Khausman post here, so I know they're not bots and have looked at this thread?

Thank you. :)
I realize I may have talked to you before, but I'm a mouse of very large brain and very short memory - Especially for names. :p ;)

Narf the Mouse
March 6th, 2009, 05:17
There's also a certain lack of character sheet PMs.

Narf the Mouse
March 6th, 2009, 17:45
I just noticed that the game calendar said 'level 1' - That is incorrect, as per the first post, it is character level 2.

Narf the Mouse
March 7th, 2009, 18:03
Server up now (10 PM PST) for prep work and pre-joining.

Narf the Mouse
March 7th, 2009, 20:04
It is now 12 noon; one player has shown. Where's the rest of you? ;)

* Walks back to the table from the podium, humming 'Hungry, Hungry Horrors...'

Narf the Mouse
March 7th, 2009, 20:22
20 minute mark; still only one player.

Narf the Mouse
March 7th, 2009, 20:41
40 minute mark; same.

Narf the Mouse
March 7th, 2009, 21:04
1 PM; only one person showed up. One person is excused, as they previously relayed that they'd be late (Sorry for the lack of session) and two people just didn't show.

This leaves me rather aggravated, by the way.

Narf the Mouse
March 8th, 2009, 03:57
One person recently PM'd to say they couldn't make saturdays anymore.

Narf the Mouse
March 12th, 2009, 18:35
I've been feeling sick this past week, hence the lack of updates.

I will, however, be there on Saturday.

Narf the Mouse
March 14th, 2009, 19:58
It should have been mentioned before, but DST has hit - PST is now GMT - 7.

Due to this, the server will be held open till 2 PM.

To be perfectly blunt, if you don't show to this one and haven't gotten a valid excuse to me by Monday, I'll assume you aren't interested and drop you.

Vasallus
March 14th, 2009, 20:15
I applied.

Narf the Mouse
March 14th, 2009, 21:13
Rather last-minute - You've been accepted.

Narf the Mouse
March 14th, 2009, 22:01
Two PM, no-one.

Vasallus
March 15th, 2009, 00:05
Yeah, I knew I wasn't gonna make this one. But I will definitely be there for the next one bro. Don't lose hope!

Narf the Mouse
March 15th, 2009, 03:18
Thanks. :)

For future reference, I really like to know these things.

Narf the Mouse
March 20th, 2009, 20:23
Ah, forget it. I can't be bothered to care anymore.