PDA

View Full Version : Newbie looking for D&D

Jaiya
February 25th, 2009, 17:41
Hi all!

I'm brand new to Fantasy Grounds and pretty new to table-top roleplaying in general. My only experience with D&D was either years ago when me and my friends were shown the game by a bored older brother when I was 14 (and I got hooked!) and then the group of us trying to emulate using plain A4 pieces of paper, made up rules and D6 dice. Since then I've played a little bit of it online through IRC, I joined two complete campaigns on NWN and I did a good deal of World of Darkness vampire junk online as well, but I'd like to actually get to play proper D&D and that's why I'm here. :]

So what I'm hoping to find is a patient DM/group that's got an opening for an eager-to-learn player. I'm European so my time zone is a bit off, but usually this hasn't been too much of a trouble for me. Thanks to an awesome class/work schedule I can stay up quite a bit!

I'm also interested in learning and playing non-D&D stuff, too - especially if it's cyberpunk or WoD type stuff. I'm totally fine with heavy RP type campaigns, just like I'm perfectly happy with playing low RP heavy hack&slash type stuff. I'm easy going too, and I promise I wont be a jerk! Thanks in advance!