PDA

View Full Version : Do all players need the same ruleset?

Delondil
February 25th, 2009, 17:39
So now that I have the C&C ruleset and its working, do other players who connect to my game need to buy and install the same thing? Will they see the same graphics/tabletop etc that I do? Or will they just see the regular FG2 tabletop?

Spyke
February 25th, 2009, 17:47
The bits of your ruleset that they need will be transferred across to them from your machine when they log in. They won't get a working copy of the ruleset. They will see what you see, minus any GM-specific content.

Spyke

Tenian
February 25th, 2009, 18:09
They may or may not be able to see the modules depending on how they are set up.

Data in modules can be built 3 ways:

db.xml = Host only
common.xml = Host and Clients. Transferred by FGII automatically
client.xml = Host and Clients. Module must be manually transferred (i.e. players need to install a copy outside of FGII).

Delondil
February 25th, 2009, 20:22
Great, thanks!

Griogre
February 25th, 2009, 22:04
You can see what your players will see by starting two instances of FG and connecting them. You start the first instance as the host (note this window shows your local IP address). Then you start FG, change the user name and Join a Game as a Player. The address you want to connect to your local IP number, but normally you can just type in localhost instead as the address.

The C&C ruleset came with 3 modules - two library ones and an adventure on. The GM and Adventure are for the GM. The player module is a common module. As the GM you want to "Force Load" the Player module if you want the players to see it - which you probably do. To set force load on the player module go into the module activation window and drag and drop the hex lightning bolt from the bottom left of the window to the blank hex under the brown book to the right of the module name. For completness you can also drag the red X hex to the other modules.

Delondil
February 26th, 2009, 17:45
Thank you sir -