PDA

View Full Version : In-Game token organisation question

Phreak86
February 24th, 2009, 00:19
Hi guys,

This is mainly aimed at the developers really, i was just wondering why, whenever you go into your token box for the first time, the default position for the tokens is 'shuffle', and not 'organise'? is there any way to change this in game? if not just an idea for future patches, as when you have over 1000 tokens organised in lots of folders, it takes a while to organise each folder as you go to find the next one you need.

Regards,
Ben

MeepoSose
February 24th, 2009, 06:45
I want to add that I'd like to see a pretty hefty overhaul to the token box altogether. It's pretty cool for a handful of tokens but quickly becomes unusable when you get a bunch of tokens/folders/etc.

What would really be cool is a way to "tag" tokens so you could quickly filter and display all tokens that are both "male" and "bugbear" for instance. Also, if there was a way to show the token and the name side by side it would be helpful, perhaps in a windows explorer type style or just a single column list with [token image] [token name] [tags] or something like that with a vertical scroll feature to cycle through the list. If tagging within the interface was too hard, maybe you could just tokenize the file names and use that. For instance, I could have an image called "bugbear male barbarian CL12.png" and he would show up in the "male barbarian", "bugbear", "CL12", "barbarian", "male CL12", etc lists.

The way the parsed 4E monster manual modules allows quick filtering to select a monster is pretty close to what I'd like to see.

Oberoten
February 24th, 2009, 07:37
Or even better. The GM gets to have a token box, nothing is transfered until you try to drop something over instead of everything being transfered every dang time... But yes, filters for the tokenbox would be something to cheer for.

- Obe

Tenian
February 24th, 2009, 11:28
I've never looked...is the code for the token box even exposed anywhere?

DAWPage
February 24th, 2009, 19:40
A tool tip with the file name would be nice also, then sort by file name.

longarms
February 28th, 2009, 19:37
Can someone tell me how to change the colors of the token bags? Or some other way to make them look different.

The token bags all look the same... I have to mouseover to get the title. The mouseover takes about half a second to populate, and if you have to mouseover five bags to find the right one, that's like two and a half seconds.

Foen
March 1st, 2009, 06:09
If you right-click and arrange the token box, the token bags are sorted in alphabetical order. Not quite what you asked for, longarms, but it might help a bit.

longarms
March 2nd, 2009, 19:16
"but it might help a bit. "

Yes, that will help a bit, thanks