PDA

View Full Version : New to Fantasy Grounds, LF 3.5 game to join

Avery Tosscobble
February 23rd, 2009, 04:37
Howdy! I've played 2e - 3.5 with 3.5 being my favorite, but life and times have separated me from all my old players. So, I thought I would give Fantasy Grounds a shot. I haven't purchased into it yet, but I am willing if I can find a group to play with. Weekday nights would work the best for me, 6 - 11 CST.

My favorite world is Dragonlance and I have all of the books for that. But I have played in Greyhawk a lot and don't mind playing something new and different either. I of course have all of the core 3 & 3.5 books also. I'm looking to join a good group that enjoys role-playing just as much as roll-playing.

Hope to get back into gaming soon!
Cheers!

~Avery Tosscobble~

mr_h
February 23rd, 2009, 14:53
NE Iowa?

/Luther College Graduate
//Former Dubuque Native :)

Avery Tosscobble
February 23rd, 2009, 15:10
Yes, I work in Decorah and live in the rural area. You graduated from Luther? Do you still live in the area?

mr_h
February 23rd, 2009, 15:27
Yup, Luther Grad (1997). I don't live in the area anymore though I have a couple relatives in the vacinity. We gamed AD&D and Shadowrun at Luther...I dont think there was a big gaming group there at the time....

Avery Tosscobble
February 24th, 2009, 04:30
So, are you an active user of Fantasy Grounds? How do you like it compared to playing in person? Need a new player??? ;)

mr_h
February 24th, 2009, 13:26
My group has been on haitus for a while, due to real life, so I haven't been able to play lately :( I'm keeping my eyes out for games...

I find that if you use voice Communications software (Skype, Ventrillo, Teamspeak), it's pretty darn close to being 'at the table'. Sure, there's a few things misisng, but we spend half our time going off on other tangents....like we would at the table:)

Sakusammakko
March 2nd, 2009, 22:35
Saturdays, 8p-12a EST

One of our players has told us it's doubtful he will continue. There's a strong chance that a permanent place will open up in our gaming group. Would you be interested in trying out C&C for a gaming session or two?

We're in the middle of an underground Gnomish city looking for kidnapped children. You'd have the opportunity to play a C&C bard-- more like a Scandinavian skald than a 3e jack-of-all trades.

FYI. This is a 3.5 adventure adapted to C&C. PM me for details.

Our game calendar is here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=338

And our gaming group site is here:

https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&func=showcat&catid=64&Itemid=53

Let me know if this sounds good and I'll get you confirmed for Saturday.