PDA

View Full Version : FG2 - Caribbean Style

CaribbeanGamer
February 19th, 2009, 23:54
Internet here is pretty rough, so local it is! Here we are in the midst of the 3rd encounter of KotS (first timers all, DM barely visible on the right)

https://img3.imageshack.us/img3/166/fggrenadait2.jpg

mr_h
February 20th, 2009, 01:19
Hey, if its not too personal, can I ask where on the isle you are? Are you going to the med school there?

CaribbeanGamer
February 20th, 2009, 01:39
Not at all, I'm in Grenada. My fiancee is going to vet school here, and I'm employed online.

Which equals lots of time for D&D :)

mr_h
February 20th, 2009, 01:42
Ahkay, I just had to ask. My wife did her medical school there several years ago. :) She didnt (still doesnt..yet) play games, so she never told me if there was a active gaming scene there:)

CaribbeanGamer
February 20th, 2009, 02:07
I think I started the scene, as in 4 people :)

And my girl doesn't play, just makes fun of frequently.

At one point during this session, we have this exchange -

She asks me to show her "who is who"
I explain who's playing which characters
She then points at a token, and says "Who's the rest?"
I explain that I as DM play everyone else
She says "So you're this fat goblin? Figures." and walks off.

PneumaPilot
March 16th, 2009, 16:18
This picture is so sad to me! I mean, Fantasy Grounds is an awesome program and all, but it's also like a last ditch effort to be able to play an RPG when you don't have friends who live close enough to come over and hang out. You guys should be rolling actual dice and using mechanical pencils!!!

Where are the Cheetos and pizza!!??

Lysander
March 16th, 2009, 17:41
Or the Funions and the Mountain Dew... (Stephen Lynch reference...) :D

CaribbeanGamer
March 16th, 2009, 19:54
We don't have books or dice here. We're all on a little island - the fact that we're able to play at all is pretty impressive given what we have to work with.

PneumaPilot
March 16th, 2009, 21:10
How sad! Ya'll need to make the occasional book-run to the mainland. Can you not get mail from Amazon out there? (I honestly don't know the answer to that question)

Blue Haven
March 16th, 2009, 21:15
We don't have books or dice here. We're all on a little island - the fact that we're able to play at all is pretty impressive given what we have to work with.

I Honor and respect you friend, i have the same problem in here, but with a little diference, ppl donīt join together to play, its very sad...