PDA

View Full Version : Modules for a Single Extension?

Valarian
February 18th, 2009, 11:54
Is it possible to limit a module visibility to an extension as well as a ruleset? The reason being that, when using the Traveller extension I've created, I'm still seeing the rules modules for the 3.5e extension. The modules are for the Foundation ruleset, but only make sense for the 3.5e extension.

We could do with another tag in the module definition.xml that would define a specific extension the module relates to. If left blank, the module would be visible for the ruleset in general. If populated, the module would only be visible if the given extension were activated.

Oberoten
February 18th, 2009, 12:15
This would also let us write a mod parser that'd display the module as we wanted... I second this request.

- Obe

Valarian
February 18th, 2009, 14:07
Thinking about this a bit more it may be better if, when defined in the definition.xml, the module appears when an extension is activated if it is listed in an extension tag. This would allow you to define a module to be activated for more than one extension. If no extensions are listed (no extension tags), then the module should be visible for the whole ruleset.