PDA

View Full Version : Personalities Main Tab - Gone

MindBuzzer
February 17th, 2009, 04:52
Good Evening Everybody,

This is kind of difficult explaining this problem I ran across creating a character for my modern campaign, nonetheless the Main Tab is still there though nothing can be written at all, I recall originally there was that "Click to enter description" line available which now is no longer there nor can I enter any information there. Everything else I can modify and even new personalities have this enable except for that one. In case it makes a difference, it is a Modern campaign I am in the process of creating.

It is really irritating having spent a great deal of time on finishing this up being stuck that way, I really hope for the simple solution and will be checking this board like a hawk.

Thanks in advance for those having the answer,

Sincerely,

MindBuzzer

Griogre
February 17th, 2009, 05:14
Are you trying to change a library personality? Personalities from a library book are static. If you want to change one try dragging it onto the personality list.

Another possiblity might be you have an empty paragraph in the text entry for the library personality. This seems to cause the problem you are having too. If you are modifiying the library entry just delete the <text> entry after making sure it is blank. You may also be able to enter information if you click where the first character would be at the very top left, though I haven't tried this.

MindBuzzer
February 17th, 2009, 06:05
Good Day Griogre,

After reading your reply, although indirectly saying so, it gave me an idea and after trying it, well it did the trick. All I had to do was removing the personality name so that it returned back to <New Personality> then in the Main Tab, right click and choose Edit, type something then type the name of the character once again.

Thanks again,

MindBuzzer

Griogre
February 17th, 2009, 06:07
Good. :D I was kinda taking a shot in the dark on your problem. Or should that be a Magic Missile into the Dark? ;)

Foen
February 17th, 2009, 06:21
When a personality has an empty paragraph as a description, the 'click to enter description' text doesn't show. Instead you need to carefully right-click near the top of the text box and select 'enter edit mode' (or something) to be able to enter new text.

Foen

zabulus
February 17th, 2009, 08:01
Or should that be a Magic Missile into the Dark? ;)

LOL! Are there any girls there?

mr_h
February 17th, 2009, 13:23
I thought it might be FG's subtle way of informing you of your lack of personality.....but it could have just be a bug.

:D

Sigurd
February 17th, 2009, 19:16
I thought it might be FG's subtle way of informing you of your lack of personality.....but it could have just be a bug.

:D

Notice its just the main personality. You can still carry weapons.:confused:

Sigurd

Oberoten
February 17th, 2009, 21:17
.. Too much old-school AD&D.

- Obe