PDA

View Full Version : Problem connecting

CdrDave
February 16th, 2009, 02:17
I had FGII working great last weekend. I connected with my group, and we had a 4-5 hour gaming session that went very well. I haven't changed anything on my computer during the week. Tonight, I tried to connect with my group again for the weekly game, and now I'm not able to connect. I either get "You have been disconnected from the host, restart..." or the program just hangs on Character Selection. The other players are telling me that they get a message that says I connect and disconnect almost at the same time. :cry:

Any ideas?

zabulus
February 16th, 2009, 07:52
I realize this is too late for your game, but:

Did the host change anything on their computer?
Also, did either you or the host update the FG software where the other party did not?

CdrDave
February 16th, 2009, 12:55
Thanks for a response.

No, we're all using 2.3.6. The only thing that could have possibly changed on the hosts comp was adding new content for this weeks game (maps, npc's, etc.). Besides, the other 4 players connected and played for 5 hours just fine... :confused:

Valarian
February 16th, 2009, 13:32
If you're using a wireless connection, it could be that your connection to your router was a bit flaky. Retry the connection with a network cable link direct to your router, and then again from wherever you were sat at the weekend. It could be that Fantasy Grounds is okay, but you were dropping out due to loss of the wireless connection due to signal strength where you were sitting.

CdrDave
February 16th, 2009, 20:58
No wireless, my connection is straight in from the DSL modem, and hasn't changed from last week. There have been other issues with my computer, so I finally bit the bullet and formatted my drive. Reinstalling the OS and will give it another try with a clean setup. We'll see...