PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder RPG Ruleset

Jarina
February 13th, 2009, 04:13
So I've been scouring the forums / internet to see if someone has done some work on converting the d20 SRD ruleset into the Pathfinder ruleset and haven't had any luck at all. While I've considered doing it myself, I don't have that much experience with LUA or XML. That being said I didn't think it would be that big of a change as most of the changes would be simple to make. Does anyone know where I could find one or know of anyone that has already done some legwork on making a Pathfinder RPG ruleset?

Thanks!

Griogre
February 13th, 2009, 09:48
As I understand it there is no reason you can't use the d20 ruleset for Pathfinder. The differances would be in the referance materials not the actual ruleset. I have not read Pathfinder in a long time but my understanding is they really just changed skills, feats, ect. The core mechanics and character sheet are still the same as in d20.

Valarian
February 13th, 2009, 11:06
If you want to modify the skill list presented in the character sheet, it's located at the bottom of the charsheet_skilllist.lua files in the table called skilldata. Modify the entries here and the skill list in the character sheet will be changed.

I'm afraid I don't know Pathfinder, so I can't say how close or not it it to the basic d20 SRD to be able to suggest any other minor changes that may be needed.

Bidmaron
February 16th, 2009, 00:06
I will be switching to Pathfinder when it goes final. Right now, all their materials use standard 3.5, so I don't see any reason to switch yet.

Jarina
February 27th, 2009, 01:58
I easily edited the skill list to be converted to Pathfinder. I attempted to change the formula that calculated skill points, but I was unsuccessful. As it stands we'll probably just manually put in all the skill points and add the +3 bonus for class skills manually as well. Thanks for the information so far, and if anyone has any suggestions as to how to change the skill formula I'd love to attempt to change it.

steev42
March 2nd, 2009, 15:13
I easily edited the skill list to be converted to Pathfinder. I attempted to change the formula that calculated skill points, but I was unsuccessful. As it stands we'll probably just manually put in all the skill points and add the +3 bonus for class skills manually as well. Thanks for the information so far, and if anyone has any suggestions as to how to change the skill formula I'd love to attempt to change it.

I actually just finished up an extension last night that handles the skills; throws some pools on the front page; and changes Grapple to CMB on the combat tab.

I'm still considering it a work in progress; once I get the character sheet extension done, I was thinking of making an entire ruleset to grab a bunch of the convenience functions that other rulesets are using (double-clicks, etc.).

I did just upload it (as well as a couple other minor extensions I've made) to the FGWiki if you're interested.

Leonal
April 16th, 2009, 14:58
Any updates on this? I really like the Pathfinder rules after reading through the beta pdf, and would like to convert my current campaign to it.

I tried the extension, but could only get it to work with d20, and not with moon_wizards d20_JPG which I prefer by far. (edited the extension xml to point to the correct ruleset)

I'm don't have much knowledge of scripting or xml writing, but I managed to change the displayed grapple to CMB, and also change the skill names thanks to Notepad++ and some searching. :)

My main problem is how to remove halfranks from non class-skills and make every skill get one rank per point used.
I looked in the charsheet_skillranks.lua and charsheet_skills.xml, but was rather confused.

Is there a somewhat simple way, like removing every 0.5, or disabling some functions or the like?

Thanks.

kwixson
April 29th, 2009, 01:22
I would like to see a PathfinderRPG ruleset. I am trying to use PathfinderRPG rules with the d20 ruleset, but the skill formula is a big bummer. Also, some of those features (like a PC combat tracker) are really missed in the ruleset I'm using.

Bidmaron
April 29th, 2009, 02:31
I would use the d20_jpg as your starting point. It is the most feature-rich 3.5 ruleset available.

Leonal
April 29th, 2009, 06:13
As Bidmaron said I'd use the d20_JPG ruleset (found at fouruglymonsters.com), and then try the extension posted here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10122 three posts from the bottom.

grider
April 29th, 2009, 17:15
I am trying to get to the d20_JPG ruleset @ FUM. I keep getting a "Access denied" message for the forum named "d20_JPG v2.0.1" Do I have to join a group or do something special so that I can access the file?

Forget it...join the group and you get access...duh.

Moon Wizard
April 29th, 2009, 22:08
If you copy the URL from the forum message at FUM for the 2.0.1 ruleset, it should download without any issues. I just double-checked.

Make sure that your URL is complete without any extra characters on either end.

Cheers,
JPG

steev42
May 21st, 2009, 04:51
I've just uploaded a full Pathfinder (Beta) ruleset; it can be found at https://www.2d12.com/category/site-news/downloads/.

More things I want to do, but I've got a (fairly) stable first version going, and I wanted to share.

Illrigger
May 21st, 2009, 15:48
It looks good, but it crashes when trying to load it in the 2.4 RC build.

steev42
May 22nd, 2009, 23:46
It looks good, but it crashes when trying to load it in the 2.4 RC build.

If this was directed towards me, could you perhaps be a bit more specific? I just loaded up a test campaign in the 2.4 test build, and it loaded up fine for me...

Illrigger
May 26th, 2009, 21:42
If this was directed towards me, could you perhaps be a bit more specific? I just loaded up a test campaign in the 2.4 test build, and it loaded up fine for me...
Sorry; yes, they load fine, but creating a new campaign under 2.4 gives me an error:

Script Error: [string "scripts/LauncherProperties.lua"]:172: bad argument #4 to 'startHost' (table expected)

If you drop back to the current release, you can create a campaign fine, and if you switch back to 2.4, that campaign will load fine. But once 2.4 goes release, this will be a brick wall for new campaigns.

Tenian
May 27th, 2009, 00:38
I posted that bug in the Lab thread for 2.4.0, it's not ruleset specific.

After you get that error you can return to the main page of the launcher and choose Load campaign. Your newly created campaign will be there and will start. There is no need to switch back to 2.3.6

Illrigger
May 27th, 2009, 14:55
OK, sounds good; I guess I just hadn't run across it in my other 2.4 testing. Carry on, then :)

rhopp
June 22nd, 2009, 20:19
I've just uploaded a full Pathfinder (Beta) ruleset; it can be found at https://www.2d12.com/category/site-news/downloads/.

More things I want to do, but I've got a (fairly) stable first version going, and I wanted to share.

Thanks so much, steev42! If you are interested in feedback, the +3 for class skills populates wonderfully, but it doesn't get added into the total on the right. Ideally, I'd fix it & post the code for you to copy & paste, but if I knew how to do that, I wouldn't be mooching off all your hard work! :)

rhopp

sagestl
August 18th, 2009, 15:34
Has anyone taken a closer look a the final rules to determine if additional changes are still needed? I'm just getting into Fantasy Grounds, and plan on playing using the Pathfinder rules. I'm happy to do any work necessary to come up with an "official, unofficial" ruleset... :square:

Stargrove
August 19th, 2009, 03:56

steev42,

On your website you say in relation to the Spells download, "Simply place them in the appropriate spot for your operating system..." I am running Vista but am still not sure where to put the files. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

James

MeepoSose
August 19th, 2009, 04:00
steev42,

On your website you say in relation to the Spells download, "Simply place them in the appropriate spot for your operating system..." I am running Vista but am still not sure where to put the files. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

James

Go to Start | All Programs | Fantasy Grounds | Application Data Folder and it should open up a Windows Explorer folder for you. Then just put files in the necessary sub-folder from there. Mod files go in the Modules folder, ext files in the Extenses folder, etc.

Stargrove
August 19th, 2009, 05:30
Go to Start | All Programs | Fantasy Grounds | Application Data Folder and it should open up a Windows Explorer folder for you. Then just put files in the necessary sub-folder from there. Mod files go in the Modules folder, ext files in the Extenses folder, etc.

Well...the file I downloaded is for the spells. There are three files:
- client.xml (1.4Mb)
- definition.xml (1kb)
- thumbnail.png (13kb)

The definition.xml has this in it:
<root>
<name>Pathfinder Spells</name>
<author>Paizo Publishing</author>
<ruleset>Pathfinder</ruleset>
</root>

The client.xml is the list of spells that I will obviously not post here.

The thumbnail.png is attached.

I have placed the the files in the Pathfinder directory inder rulesets. This does not seem to make any difference. I still can't see any spells anywhere in FG. I can't see any information related to Pathfinder for that matter. If you can't see the information, what good does it do to have any of it.

James

Leonal
August 19th, 2009, 05:37
The download is a .mod if I'm not mistaken.
You have to use it as a .mod file. (don't unpack it)

If you zip the three files, change the extension from .zip to .mod and place it in your modules folder it should appear.

Griogre
August 19th, 2009, 05:39
You need to zip those three files together not in a folder. Call it like PFSpells so you should get PFSpells.zip change .zip to .mod and drop the file in the modules folder. You may have to cut on show extentions if you don't see the .zip.

Edit: Out typed by Leonal. :) :p

Stargrove
August 19th, 2009, 05:58
You need to zip those three files together not in a folder. Call it like PFSpells so you should get PFSpells.zip change .zip to .mod and drop the file in the modules folder. You may have to cut on show extentions if you don't see the .zip.

Edit: Out typed by Leonal. :) :p

If you zip the three files, change the extension from .zip to .mod and place it in your modules folder it should appear.

Thanks to both of you...That worked.

James

Krinn
August 30th, 2009, 11:42
Has anyone taken a closer look a the final rules to determine if additional changes are still needed? I'm just getting into Fantasy Grounds, and plan on playing using the Pathfinder rules. I'm happy to do any work necessary to come up with an "official, unofficial" ruleset... :square:

I am interested in a final Pathfinder RPG Ruleset as well :)

bakakel
September 4th, 2009, 06:32
Is anyone else having trouble with the Special Abilities field? (ie locked to 2 characters in width).
Would love to know that i'm not the only one with this issue, or even better, how to fix it! :)

Thanks in advance, and thanks so much for this ruleset! I'm really happy to finally be using a great ruleset for a great game.

madman
September 13th, 2009, 23:00
So i have made a ext for d20 JPG to be more pathfinder friendly.

Thanks to Moon Wizard, Leonal, and myself it works well.
fixed skills and adds +3 trained bonus
adds CMB
adds a field for CMD that can be dropped into the chatwindow with text CMD
changes grapple to CMB roll as PC and NPC
adds homeland and faction to character info (not fancy)

also moves some of the npc fields around adss some new ones(making it easier to input data from pathfinder books.)

but i need some help with the template to move the saves and stats to the correct spot(as i have had no luck)

anyone who wants it is welcome(and would love to put it on the wiki)obe!
Remember the file is a zip (inside is .ext)

Chris

Leonal
September 13th, 2009, 23:34
Great work madman, I just tried it briefly and the changes you added were great! I'll try it out with my players this Sunday.

Question: Where would you put the feats? (nevermind, I must have missed the field..)
And are the before/during combat intended for tactics and the like?

Minor thing: it says "Beforecombat" in one word and then "During Combat" in two.

madman
September 14th, 2009, 02:44
Thanks for the good eyes

Chris

Leonal
September 14th, 2009, 13:01
I looked at it again, but a bit more in-depth and within my limited expertise^^.

Changed Hit Poits to Hit Points in the NPC sheet
Added description for the XP field like the Gold field has. (so it says XP when you drag the number to the chat area.)
Don't really know what effect it has, but it made sense to me so I corrected the <tabtarget next="Y" prev="X" /> so they had the correct previous and next field names.

This is more of a coding issue, and I don't think it will have any effect in my games as we don't play that high level (so far), but XP values for NPCs of CR 17 or more will go outside the number field, and also when you enter XP/gp values of 1,000,000 or more it will show as 1e+006 and up in the number fields both for PCs and NPCs.

Added a bit in the extension description and zipped the extension file to reflect the new changes you made Chris.

A little warning for any one who is using or is planning to use this extension with the d20_JPG ruleset. Trying to use it when you already have PCs with skill points put in before using the extension will likely mess up the skill sheet which then has to be cleaned up manually in the db.xml file.
Thus the extension is best used with a new campaign or at least newly made PC sheets.

As a side note I wonder how this extension will be affected if/when moon_wizard combines the d20 and 4e rulesets into one.

-Thomas

madman
September 14th, 2009, 17:39
Well it is by no means complete!

and i am by no means good at this.

i am also working on putting a second and third create item(gear and spells) in the items window. but so far i cannot make it work right.(Thank you Ikael for the code)my lack of coding is not helping.

along with wanting to do a visual theme in the end. which i think i can handle.

thanks for the help.

Chris

Leonal
September 17th, 2009, 00:18
Hmm, I just noticed something else.

After using ver3+ all monsters lost(as in not showing) their bab/cmb(grp) stats, also in monster manual modules. I must have messed something up.

edit: Found it. Seems I changed some of the linking without further thinking about the effects it'd have. Fixed it in this one.

madman
September 17th, 2009, 00:39
got some code from Ikael (and Thank you by the way) it is not as nice as his but i am not a coder.

Check out the items!

Chris

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK START A NEW CAMPAIGN TO TEST

Leonal
September 17th, 2009, 00:55
Oo, nice. I haven't been using the items that much in my campaign, but this looks like a great way to implement linkable spells and items that aren't OGL without having them in a module.

edit: To try out the 'use at your own risk effect', I created a campaign and created one spell item, one gear item and one regular item and statted them out. Then reloaded the campaign, but without the extension. Opening one of the items then creates a nice loop of errors since it can't find the various input fields (obviously). So there's no going back if you create items with the gear category (didn't happen to the spell which just had it's fields blanked out).

edit2: I like the updated 'create new item' image when you right click.

VenomousFiligree
September 21st, 2009, 21:38
I've just read this thread and the threads linked from it, and to clarify, you need the d20_JPG ruleset (at FUM) and the current PathfinderVerx.zip (above) to get things working?

Phil

Leonal
September 21st, 2009, 23:26
Yes, either the pathfinder_skills.ext or the pathfinderVerx.ext(zipped) in addition to moon_wizard's ruleset.

I'm not sure if it happens for everyone, but one of my players (with a full version of FG) gets a row of errors the first time he opens the skills page of his character sheet if he too doesn't have the same extension installed.

mclarke250
September 22nd, 2009, 03:56
Hey guys, Great work on the Pathfinder stuff. I have a noob question. I downloaded the d20_jpg ruleset and the Pathfinder4.zip extension and the beta spell .mod in the earlier page of this topic. When I create a new campaign, It looks right but all I have under books to open are the ones from the d20 stuff. How can I associate the .mod with the spells from Pathfinder with the d20_jpg ruleset?

Hopefully I explained this good enough, I am kinda new to Fantasy Grounds.

Leonal
September 22nd, 2009, 11:09
Take the mod file, rename it to .zip.
Extract it and open the definition.xml file in your favorite editor.
Change or add what's between the ruleset tags to:
<ruleset>d20_jpg</ruleset>
(I think just typing d20 without the _jpg works too).
Zip the files back to a zip and rename back to mod.

I think you can also use the Fantasy Grounds PEM found in the downloads section to do all the packing/unpacking and renaming for you.

madman
September 27th, 2009, 22:58
I have made some more changes to NPC sheet. Making the information entry smoother.

Check it out

Chris

Leonal
September 27th, 2009, 23:35
Good job! :)

Good points:
Clearer and more defined positions of info/stats.
Good idea about having a tab for spells and spell-like abilities.
Saves are higher up on the sheet! (dig this)

Bad Points:
Takes up more space if you want to see it all without scrolling. ;)

Well done and should make running my NPCs easier^^

madman
September 28th, 2009, 00:39
changes i made along with my rusty theme

Chris

MeepoSose
September 28th, 2009, 17:38
changes i made along with my rusty theme

Chris

You should make those an extension. I'd rather not see chain links or other graphics overlap the windowlist text areas at all, but for the most part I like them.

madman
September 28th, 2009, 17:56
they are an extension. they are just both turned on for the screenshot.

Thx for the feedback

they were fun to make.

Chris

King Joey
September 30th, 2009, 03:35
When I downloaded pathfinder5, it opened as a single .ext file. Where do I put it to use the pathfinder ruleset?

Leonal
September 30th, 2009, 09:21
You need to download and use the d20_JPG(link) (https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/community/community/groups/viewgroup/62-DD+3rd+Edition+FG+Development) ruleset and put the extension in the extension folder (start menu>programs/all programs>Fantasy Grounds II>Application Data Folder).

EDIT:

@Chris: Thanks again for your continued work on the extension, but I have one question. Was it intentional to make a '+' before the CR and XP numbers on the NPC sheet?

Ikael
September 30th, 2009, 14:37
Hi,
I was trying out this nice extension (in hope of learning something about Pathfinder) and I encountered the loop error mentioned earlier. I couldn't help myself and did some research to solve the problem.

In your extension the "gear" item has 'cost' field that is a numberfield and in d20_JPG the "item" has 'cost' named field that is a stringfield. When you create a gear using pathfinder it creates a number node and when trying to open the created node without using the extension it tries to use a numberfield data in stringfield, which causes the loop error. To fix this, you should change the "gear_stats" window's 'cost' field type from columnnumberfield to columnstringfield (which would allow you to give different costs to item such as '100 gold', '100 silver' or such, now you can only give cost of '100')

In addition, you might also want to add following few lines to adventure_itemlist.lua to allow spell creation via right clicking on the itemlist:

to onInit() -->
registerMenuItem("Create Spell", "minimized_item", 4);

to onMenuSelection(item) -->
if item == 4 then addNewInstance("spell"); end

madman
October 1st, 2009, 02:59
@Chris: Thanks again for your continued work on the extension, but I have one question. Was it intentional to make a '+' before the CR and XP numbers on the NPC sheet?

No it was not intentional but im still trying to work it all out (can you say NOOB!)

so if you know the fix for it let me know, or modify it yourself.

P.S. i am also wanting the cr xp and init fields to be larger like the saves. and have not had a chance to get it done.

as always thanks for the help

Chris

madman
October 1st, 2009, 03:02
hey there Ikael thanks for the input and for the code. i will change the field. as it makes more sense. your help will make it a better mod in the end.

Thank You Again

Chris

King Joey
October 1st, 2009, 03:32
I got it working and it's great! The only thing I noticed was in the inventory page, the weight of an item could not be set less than 1. When I attempted to enter the weight of bolts (for example) as 0.1, it did not register either the "0" or the ".", and just entered as "1".

Leonal
October 1st, 2009, 03:51
I think the + came when it was changed from columnnumberfield to statfield for CR and XP. I tried changing back, but that messed up the layout of the boxes.

For the size of the boxes and by looking at the original setup from d20_jpg I think one would need to make or copy the template for npcsavefield or the like to fit the Xp/CR/Initiative fields...easy to say, hard to do (for me)

madman
October 1st, 2009, 04:02
you need to enter 0.5 to get it to work

Chris

madman
October 1st, 2009, 04:04
I think the + came when it was changed from columnnumberfield to statfield for CR and XP. I tried changing back, but that messed up the layout of the boxes.

For the size of the boxes and by looking at the original setup from d20_jpg I think one would need to make or copy the template for npcsavefield or the like to fit the Xp/CR/Initiative fields...easy to say, hard to do (for me)

so to get it to work i added a template to the common_templates.xml so ill do some looking to see where the setting is defined.

LOOKING LOOKING STILL LOOKING
Chris

_

osarusan
October 3rd, 2009, 16:38
I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for the work on this Pathfinder plugin! I'm using it now, and I really appreciate the hard work you're putting into it. :-)

madman
October 4th, 2009, 18:03
made some changes to CMB and CMD. CMD is also now auto calc and moved up with CMB. but i can not make a field that will add 10 to CMD without putting it in by hand if anyone knows how to do that please let me know so i can change it.

Check it out

Chris

ooops i forgot the mini sheet Doh
Fixed

Chris

King Joey
October 4th, 2009, 20:31
you need to enter 0.5 to get it to work

Chris
If that was a response to my issue, I tried that. But it would not accept the "0" or the "." as input in the weight box, and it would just go in as "5".

madman
October 4th, 2009, 22:01
it works for me even if i do 0.1

Chris

P.S you know that you can not us the number pad

Chris

Leonal
October 4th, 2009, 23:13
Great work again Chris!! Made me realize two of my players had a wrong CMD too..hehe

Only thing perhaps, but hard due to lack of space, is to make it show which bonuses are included.
I think that should you manage to have it automatically add 10 you would still need a field for other manually input bonuses. Our party monk for example has an additional 5 bonus due to being a monk, so I just put in 15 instead of 10 now.

King Joey
October 5th, 2009, 00:15
Making a character with my player right now, and he is noticing a discrepancy between the Cleric Domain powers in the Pathfinder Core Rulebook and the Cleric Domain powers in the d20 core rules module in FG2. Was this not part of the Pathfinder extension, and intended to be updated manually?

Leonal
October 5th, 2009, 00:30
The changes to domains are only different abilities if I'm not mistaken. Like feats and other abilities they have to be added manually (or drag/dropped from a module) any way.

The extension is made to make use of the core differences, but as madman has expressed it is a work in progress.

Ah, seems I misread a bit...modules are not part of the extension, and any rule/spell/feat module you may have will not be changed with the extension. They have to be updated separately.
I know there is a spells module for Pathfinder available made by Steev42, but it is for the beta rules. You can find it here https://www.2d12.com/category/site-news/downloads/

King Joey
October 5th, 2009, 02:05
So the "D20 Basic Rules" resource in the library is not part of the Pathfinder extension, but rather a part of the D20_jpg ruleset, right?

Leonal
October 5th, 2009, 02:16
Neither, it is a separate module that came with Fantasy Grounds, but can be used with any ruleset that has uses d20..(technically rulesets that has d20 in it's name)

You can see your modules in the module folder in the application data folder of Fantasy Grounds.

Community/fan made rulesets generally do not include the actual rules of the game, but rather the framework that allows you to play more smoothly on FG with them.

Leonal
October 15th, 2009, 03:24
(Nevermind)

kwixson
November 2nd, 2009, 21:56
Thanks for this! I'm looking to run some Pathfinder Society modules online and I needed this extension. Pathfinder Society Online Google Group (https://groups.google.com/group/pathfinder-society-online-collective?hl=en) I sent out a message there the other day to see who had Fantasy Grounds there and only got one response. I'd like to see more people on that group who use FG, so join up and drop me a line and I'll use this extension to run some PFS stuff. We can really put the extension to the test and give feedback.

Hye Jedi
December 21st, 2009, 19:43
Thanks for this! I'm looking to run some Pathfinder Society modules online and I needed this extension. Pathfinder Society Online Google Group (https://groups.google.com/group/pathfinder-society-online-collective?hl=en) I sent out a message there the other day to see who had Fantasy Grounds there and only got one response. I'd like to see more people on that group who use FG, so join up and drop me a line and I'll use this extension to run some PFS stuff. We can really put the extension to the test and give feedback.

I'm very interested in trying PF Society online using FGII. I'll check out your Google group later to express my interest there as well. I haven't played any of the scenarios yet... I'm assuming you'll be starting with Season 1?

King Joey
January 6th, 2010, 03:40
Nevermind, it was a dumb question. I totally forgot that the lite licenses do not support local rulesets. Time to upgrade!

<<<I have a second license (lite) and am trying to install the Pathfinder extension for it. But when I install the D20_jpg ruleset, it does not show up on the "manage characters" list of ruleset options. D20 shows up, but no D20_jpg. Is this a problem with the lite license, or am I forgetting a step?

I'm sorry if I'm retreading noob territory again, but between the holidays and two complete computer failures and rebuilds/reinstalls, I haven't had a chance to look at this stuff in about 3 months.

Thanks for any help,>>>

Joey

Hye Jedi
January 6th, 2010, 06:17
Read through the thread but the link to the ruleset seems broken. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

madman
January 6th, 2010, 06:29
here is the pathfinder extension if you want it

Chris

King Joey
January 6th, 2010, 21:31
Hey, guys!

This may not be a question specific to Pathfinder, but here's my dilemma:

I have a monk character, and I'm trying to figure out a way to list his flurry attack (which works exactly like the Two Weapon Fighting Feat, except it also gives a bonus to BAB) on his combat sheet. When it try to put it in as a weapon and give it 2 attacks, it automatically calculates the bonuses but uses the heavy penalties for normal double attacking and does not apply the special BAB bonus. The problem is, I can't seem to manually adjust the entry on the combat page to adapt it.

I am thinking that I may have to specially construct a customized roll on my hotkey bar when I get into the game, but is that the only way to get around this (other than simply rolling a die and manually adding modifiers and such)?

Hope this is clear enough, and as always thanks for any help.

Joey

Leonal
January 7th, 2010, 01:11
Hey, guys!

This may not be a question specific to Pathfinder, but here's my dilemma:

I have a monk character, and I'm trying to figure out a way to list his flurry attack (which works exactly like the Two Weapon Fighting Feat, except it also gives a bonus to BAB) on his combat sheet. When it try to put it in as a weapon and give it 2 attacks, it automatically calculates the bonuses but uses the heavy penalties for normal double attacking and does not apply the special BAB bonus. The problem is, I can't seem to manually adjust the entry on the combat page to adapt it.

I am thinking that I may have to specially construct a customized roll on my hotkey bar when I get into the game, but is that the only way to get around this (other than simply rolling a die and manually adding modifiers and such)?

Hope this is clear enough, and as always thanks for any help.

Joey

You can make adjustments by holding down ctrl and scrolling the mouse wheel to make up for the heavy penalties on normal attacks. You will still face the problem of not having more than 4 attacks at higher levels, but then you could make a second "weapon" entry for the remaining ones.

Adding an example from the 10th lvl monk in our previous campaign.

King Joey
January 7th, 2010, 02:34
Thanks, Leonal. That's exactly what I needed, and it works great.

King Joey
January 8th, 2010, 08:16
Okay, I'm stumbling around with this stuff and have encountered what I think is another problem.

In a terribly flawed attempt to create a library module, I accidentally exported a campaign module. Now it appears in my module activation window and when I open it, it appears in my library. Should that be the case? If not, how can I fix it?

Thanks again!

Joey

afd1366
January 26th, 2010, 02:15
Regarding the Pathfinder Spells mod:

I've done this and can see the PF Spells mod file in my Modules directory but ... no module appears when I open a campaign in FGII.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. As indicated by both Griogre and Leonal, I downloaded the zipped spell module (to my desktop), changed the extension to .mod, and placed it in the FG AppData Modules directory. It's there and it's a MOD file. When I open it with WinRAR, its contents read the same as, say, the CSRD spells MOD (i.e., definition and client xmls and a thumbnail png).

Is there a final step I'm missing? I, too, am using Vista but haven't encountered this problem in the past when adding or creating my own modules.

Any pointers would be mucho appreciated.

Doug

Griogre
January 26th, 2010, 05:08
There might be a couple of problems. You should double check the extention of the module file is still .mod and not .zip several "helpful" programs will automatically change the extention from mod back to zip if you move the file.

You should also double check you activated the module or the right module. If you have serveral modules with different file names but the same internal names it's unprediticable what will be displayed if anything.

The other problem might be your ruleset name. Most modules are tied to a ruleset in the definition.xml file if your ruleset name does not match *exactly* the name in the definition file the module file won't show up for that ruleset.

afd1366
January 26th, 2010, 05:53
Thanks, Griogre. I understand the first and last of your troubleshooting suggestions and will follow-up on them tomorrow. I'm not certain I understand your second regarding the activation of the module. Are you referring to the activation of a module within a running campaign or am I misinterpreting your statement? If so, there is no Pathfinder Spells module to be found to activate and I have checked to ensure that the module is not activating under the title of an existing spell module.

If you could clarify your second stated possibility, I'd greatly appreciate it. You've always been a big help in the past and I can't begin to tell you how much you're appreciated in this community.

As always, if I find success I'll repost to let others know what I did in the event they encounter similar hiccups.

BTW, I'm using the latest version of d20_JPG w/ the latest Pathfinder extension.

Doug

afd1366
January 26th, 2010, 18:53
The other problem might be your ruleset name. Most modules are tied to a ruleset in the definition.xml file if your ruleset name does not match *exactly* the name in the definition file the module file won't show up for that ruleset.

This was the problem. The definition.xml file shows "Pathfinder" as the ruleset. In my case, d20_JPG is the ruleset I use and Pathfinder is only an extension. Changing "Pathfinder" to "d20_JPG" fixed the problem right away.

Thanks again, Griogre. You're so swell you're swollen. :D

afd1366
January 26th, 2010, 19:07
Has anyone else reported a bug in the PF Spells mod that produces the following error message when attemting to access Cleric Spells by Domain?

Ruleset Error: Control 'domainspelllist' anchoring to an undefined control 'grantedpower'

In addition, all spell links in this particular section of the module are blank.

Everything else seems to work fine, however.

Griogre
January 26th, 2010, 22:37
If you could clarify your second stated possibility, I'd greatly appreciate it. You've always been a big help in the past and I can't begin to tell you how much you're appreciated in this community.

Glad I could help.

For completeness the second possiblity would more likely come if you were using /export and indexing a library entry. In the /export pop up you called you module Library and gave it a file name lib and then later on did either another version or a different module where you called your module Library again and gave it a different file name library. Because the file names are different the modules won't overwrite each other but on the module activation screen it will only show one module and when I activated the one that showed up nothing happened. As I remember one time the modules with the common names didn't appear in the activation window either but I could be mistaken.

Amuro
February 13th, 2010, 05:27
I can t figure out how to launch the pathfinder extentions what the exact path? I try to creat a Extentions foler in the D20 Jpg rule set folder but it didn t work.

Foen
February 13th, 2010, 05:44
The extension sub-folder needs to be in the Application Data Folder, not in a ruleset one (it is a sibling of rulesets):

<application data folder>
+- extensions
+- rulesets
+- ruleset1
+- ruleset2

Hope that makes sense.

Foen

Amuro
February 13th, 2010, 05:47
The extension sub-folder needs to be in the Application Data Folder, not in a ruleset one (it is a sibling of rulesets):

<application data folder>
+- extensions
+- rulesets
+- ruleset1
+- ruleset2

Hope that makes sense.

Foen

Ok I see but do I have to activate this extension when I launched FG2 ?

thank you for the fast reply btw

Foen
February 13th, 2010, 06:05
You select the extension when you create a new campaign or load an existing one. It will be listed, but only when you are using the original d20 ruleset (the extension is designed for d20, not JPG d20).

If you don't have the original d20 ruleset, it is available from this site on the downloads page.

Foen

Amuro
February 13th, 2010, 06:09
You select the extension when you create a new campaign or load an existing one. It will be listed, but only when you are using the original d20 ruleset (the extension is designed for d20, not JPG d20).

If you don't have the original d20 ruleset, it is available from this site on the downloads page.

Foen

thank you

the fact is I didn t update to 2.2.0^^ now it s ok

Foen
February 13th, 2010, 06:22
Glad I could help :)

heliopolix
February 14th, 2010, 00:54
I've seen mention of the Pathfinder Spells module, but haven't been able to find it. Is it something I'll have to create myself from the PSRD?

Jeffrey

tdewitt274
February 14th, 2010, 04:19
I've seen mention of the Pathfinder Spells module, but haven't been able to find it. Is it something I'll have to create myself from the PSRD?

Jeffrey

You may want to look here (https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/Pathfinder_Extension). I haven't looked at it, but it might be a start.

EDIT: The begining of this thread also has some information. You'll have to dig though.

Dravidius
February 18th, 2010, 21:15
Hi all, I am a noob with a question i hope you can answer...

I have the newest extension in the Extensions folder and when i load up to say make a new character I receive an error telling me there is an "Anchoring" Problem with pretty much every aspect of the sheet? I get a script loading error message. Any suggestions?

madman
February 19th, 2010, 03:28
Are you using the d20_JPG rulset? As it was what the pathfinder extension was made for. And it will not work with the other rulesets. Not sure that is the problem but that is what i would check first.

Chris

Typhus
February 24th, 2010, 13:05
Hi all, I am a noob with a question i hope you can answer...

I have the newest extension in the Extensions folder and when i load up to say make a new character I receive an error telling me there is an "Anchoring" Problem with pretty much every aspect of the sheet? I get a script loading error message. Any suggestions?

Hello at first excuse me for my english, but this is not my native language. I' have the same error an here is the console log:

[24.02.2010 13:55] Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file scripts/charsheet_weaponlist.lua
[24.02.2010 13:55] Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file scripts/template_textlistitemvalue.lua
[24.02.2010 13:55] Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file scripts/template_textlistitemvalue.lua
[24.02.2010 13:55] Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file scripts/template_labelcycler.lua
[24.02.2010 13:55] Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file scripts/charsheet_weaponlist.lua
[24.02.2010 13:55] Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file scripts/npcbabgrpfield.lua
[24.02.2010 13:55] Ruleset Error: Control '' anchoring to an undefined control 'fortitudesave'
[24.02.2010 13:55] Ruleset Error: Control '' anchoring to an undefined control 'fortitudesave'
[24.02.2010 13:55] Ruleset Error: Control '' anchoring to an undefined control 'reflexsave'
[24.02.2010 13:55] Ruleset Error: Control '' anchoring to an undefined control 'reflexsave'
[24.02.2010 13:55] Ruleset Error: Control '' anchoring to an undefined control 'willsave'
[24.02.2010 13:55] Ruleset Error: Control '' anchoring to an undefined control 'willsave'
[24.02.2010 13:55] Ruleset Error: Control '' anchoring to an undefined control 'initiative'
[24.02.2010 13:55] Ruleset Error: Control '' anchoring to an undefined control 'initiative'
[24.02.2010 13:55] Ruleset Error: Control '' anchoring to an undefined control 'meleemainattackbonus'
[24.02.2010 13:55] Ruleset Error: Control '' anchoring to an undefined control 'meleemainattackbonus'
[24.02.2010 13:55] Ruleset Error: Control '' anchoring to an undefined control 'rangemainattackbonus'
[24.02.2010 13:55] Ruleset Error: Control '' anchoring to an undefined control 'rangemainattackbonus'

The Only Ruleste that show me the Option for the Extensions is the D20 Ruleset. So I'll think that this is the correct one.

Leonal
February 24th, 2010, 15:46
You need to use the d20_JPG ruleset. It might still show some errors (atleast our group experienced that), but should be playable.

It can be downloaded here.
https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/D%26D_3.5E

Typhus
February 24th, 2010, 19:32
Thank's a lot! Now it work's better :)

It is normal, that a can't write done any spells in the spells category? When I open the tab for spells, I only can close the sheet.

Leonal
February 25th, 2010, 00:19
You're welcome. :)

After typing inn your character class and level on the main tab, and then filling in the number of spells per day on the spells tab, you should be able to right click the spell level(s) and select create.

madman
February 25th, 2010, 03:58
i do not seem to get the errors you keep talking about.

What are the errors?

Chris

Leonal
February 25th, 2010, 04:31
Was that for me?

I never got them, but my players reported errors popping up when opening the skills sheet (usually for the first time after character creation, but also some times during play).

Don't know what caused it, but we ended up modifying the ruleset instead of using an extension and haven't had any errors so far.

madman
February 25th, 2010, 07:02
Yes
Sorry wrong side of the brain.

Chris

Typhus
February 25th, 2010, 09:54
You're welcome. :)

After typing inn your character class and level on the main tab, and then filling in the number of spells per day on the spells tab, you should be able to right click the spell level(s) and select create.

Hell Yeah :)

thank you for this great Support!

brianm
March 21st, 2010, 16:57
The ruleset and spell list have been great to use! Has anyone been able to find the Pathfinder bestiary available for download?

TR0LL
March 22nd, 2010, 15:36
You can buy it straight from the Paizo website in pdf form (all of their books really)

https://paizo.com/pathfinder

Leonal
March 22nd, 2010, 16:45
I think brianm meant as a FG module, but as far as I know there's none available, yet.

There were/are discussions between Smiteworks USA and Paizo, but I think Paizo is making long term plans for digital software in general and thus it's taking some time.

Hopefully there'll be both an official ruleset (d20_JPG with the necessary PF adjustments and additional functionality like that of the 4E ruleset would be great) and resource modules available in the future, but until that time you're better off just modifying the monsters you need when you need them from the 3.5 module IMO.

ddavison
March 25th, 2010, 21:11
It sounds like we will most likely not be able to carry the Pathfinder system products and conversions. Our discussions were very promising in the beginning, however, not having a native Mac version of FG is listed as a deal breaker for Paizo. We are still looking into possible solutions for this, but it does not look promising.

Sorry guys and gals.

Leonal
March 25th, 2010, 22:49
Ah, well. Sorry to hear that.

Using a modified version of d20_JPG/3.5E or an extension seems like the way to go then.

But a Pathfinder compatible and/or community use version of the 3.5E should still be possible or?

Linking to a thread on Paizoboards (which also links here!) so you can all voice your concerns!
https://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/paizoPublishing/pathfinder/pathfinderRPG/communityContent/houseRules/endOfAnEra

Sigurd
March 26th, 2010, 00:44
Pragmatically, I think OGL rulesets, especially popular ones improve the market. They foster creativity and give Fantasy Grounds, the core product, a more inclusive feel.

It might be more profitable to be selling a popular ruleset but any popular ruleset wins players and expands the market.

You can loose some things by squeezing too tight.

Sigurd

madman
March 26th, 2010, 03:24
well that fin sucks. i was so looking forward to something official.
guess i'll keep up with mine.

would love to see the dropdown stuff that got done in the hopes of being official.

PLEASE

Chris

Foen
March 27th, 2010, 07:04
I guess that means it is open-season to create a fan-built ruleset for Pathfinder, or to build on those already out there?

Of course, they'd have to exclude proprietary content, but they could include the OGL stuff.

Leonal
March 27th, 2010, 11:02
True, but I was more hoping for a converted npc/bestiary module.

Even if the deals broke down, is it possible for Smiteworks to release a PF edition of d20/3.5E/d20_JPG? (Considering the rather few major differences needed between the charactersheet/npc sheet I was hoping this could be done)

If not, is it just as easy to modify a ruleset after it has been integrated with FG?
I'm assuming one would have to extract it and rename so it wouldn't be auto-updated, but I just want to check.

Slightly different topic, but is it possible for extensions to create errors when all players have a full FG edition and also have the ruleset installed?

I'm curious since other groups haven't reported having errors with the Pathfinder extension, but our group did and thus edited the d20_JPG ruleset to have similar changes functions.

ddavison
March 27th, 2010, 17:42
It should still be possible. They indicated they were having their lawyers draft up something that would allow us to continue in some limited capacity.

zWolf
March 31st, 2010, 20:27
Well, I certainly would like to play Pathfinder games via FG II... I know that there is some great community content... but reading through the forums, I can tell that though I'd be fine getting it to work on my machine.. it would be a nightmare trying to get everything going on all my end users machines.

a nice official 'rule set' and perhaps some downloadable modules, like Savage Worlds has that I could pop in. It would be so sweet, please tell Paizo, I'm willing to PAY money for the ease of use that this would provide. (not to mention the exposure that their products would get with my gaming groups who most likely would go out and buy their print products.)

thanks,

zWolf

Illrigger
March 31st, 2010, 22:24
Huh, throw away 100% of your potential market because a platform that has 9% market share isn't officially supported, even though there are well-documented solutions to make it work there that most Mac users are well acquainted with. I really don't get the corporate mentality sometimes.

Ah well, I look forward to seeing whatever we can get. I was really, really hoping for the adventure paths getting done, though :(

madman
April 1st, 2010, 01:32
They must be mac people. my two cents.

Chris

EDIT:I guess my pathfinder extension and rules, along with my bestiary will have to do. hell i did 90% of the work for them. i can live with it. and i didn't give them the extra money. my disappointment must be obvious.

Chris

tdewitt274
April 1st, 2010, 04:25
They must be mac people. my two cents.

Or they have a significant amount of their subscribers on Macs.

Babbage
April 4th, 2010, 14:17
Huh, throw away 100% of your potential market because a platform that has 9% market share isn't officially supported, even though there are well-documented solutions to make it work there that most Mac users are well acquainted with. I really don't get the corporate mentality sometimes.

Ah well, I look forward to seeing whatever we can get. I was really, really hoping for the adventure paths getting done, though :(

I have to agree here. Cross-platform is a laudable goal, sure, but it should never be used as an excuse for not doing something. And where do you draw the line? Only PCs and Macs? Or do you include Linux? And which distros? You're going to have to draw a line somewhere, no matter how many people you want to include.

Leonal
April 4th, 2010, 15:33
I'm curious though.. Hero Lab, although not a VTT, has Pathfinder support and is Windows only.
Does the Mac support only apply if there will be adventure modules and the like included?

Sigurd
April 4th, 2010, 16:39
I have to agree here. Cross-platform is a laudable goal, sure, but it should never be used as an excuse for not doing something. And where do you draw the line? Only PCs and Macs? Or do you include Linux? And which distros? You're going to have to draw a line somewhere, no matter how many people you want to include.

It might be more than a question of market share. Paizo is a publishing house and they may want their licenses in systems they personally are familiar with and use every day. The second license is going to be less appealing than the first and they may want to be able to oversee it easily, not keep a platform just to watch the project.

Sigurd

King Joey
April 4th, 2010, 23:25
Well, I've looked around the message boards and not found an answer, so I'll ask it here. Is there a way to track the usage of Cleric Channel Energy and Domain abilities, the Wizard's Arcane School powers, and the Sorcerer's Bloodline Powers? The spell sheet has an option to "reset powers", but I don't see an option for listing them, or any way to add them to the current list of spell levels.

Thanks for your help,

King Joey

Leonal
April 5th, 2010, 00:41
Well, I've looked around the message boards and not found an answer, so I'll ask it here. Is there a way to track the usage of Cleric Channel Energy and Domain abilities, the Wizard's Arcane School powers, and the Sorcerer's Bloodline Powers? The spell sheet has an option to "reset powers", but I don't see an option for listing them, or any way to add them to the current list of spell levels.

Thanks for your help,

King Joey

We tend to add them to the combat/weapon sheet if applicable, and just list them under abilities. For uses per day, you can just set the ammo to the correct value.

King Joey
April 5th, 2010, 02:28
Okay, I figured that would be a suitable workaround. I was just wondering since there is an option on the spell page radial menu for "Reset [class] Powers" if that meant there was some way to do it with the spell lists/spell page.

Thanks again.

madman
April 5th, 2010, 07:21
King joey

what we do is add chann/wiz powers, or whatever under character level and add 1 to get a second set of spell slots.

and they can be reset as whatever you type into the level slot as our workaround

Chris

King Joey
April 5th, 2010, 07:33
That is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you, Madman. It works perfectly!

madman
April 5th, 2010, 15:53
Glad i could help, the more we use fantasy Grounds the better it will get.

Chris

Montis
May 24th, 2010, 21:54
Could anyone port this for the standard 3.5 or 3.5 Foundation ruleset? That would be greatly appreciated.
I'm mastering "random" groups from time to time and they always have to download the full 3.5_JPG ruleset, it started to get really annoying... (yeah, my connection isn't the best). If they only had to download the expansion, that would really speed things up for me.

Leonal
May 25th, 2010, 01:24
d20_JPG is in the process of being merged with 3.5E, and I guess when that happens the players won't have to download the full ruleset from the GM.

You could upload a clean cache of your game somewhere in advance for your players to download from though. (google groups or the like)
Just a suggestion.

kwixson
June 2nd, 2010, 07:33
I simply can not plop down $115 for the ultimate license (I already have the Full) if I can't have PathfinderRPG ruleset support. PathfinderRPG pretty much all I play anymore and I invest about $50/mo. in subscriptions at Paizo. I have a mac, but I have FG installed in Bootcamp/Parallels. The minute FG can give me a PFRPG ruleset, they've got my money... the very instant.

Sigurd
June 2nd, 2010, 23:10
The pathfinder ruleset is not official but it is very good. You can use it with the full license as the DM or the lite license as a player. YOu don't need the ultimate package.

Sigurd

kwixson
July 3rd, 2010, 07:53
The pathfinder ruleset is not official but it is very good. You can use it with the full license as the DM or the lite license as a player. YOu don't need the ultimate package.

Sigurd

It may be very good, but is it supported? Is it being worked on and updated as things change with FGII? I can't even find where to download it anymore. I don't think I need the Ultimate release in order to use the ruleset, just that I need the Ultimate release to run Pathfinder Society modules for an online community that will definitely not buy their own clients. It's hard enough to get people together to play online without having to convince them also to pay for it. They're used to MapTools, which is free and is actively supporting PathfinderRPG. I would prefer to use FGII and happy to pay the premium for Ultimate, but not if I think that at any moment there might be an FGII update that breaks the unofficial ruleset and that there will not be a fix. See my point?

Leonal
July 3rd, 2010, 08:15
While I can't speak for the FG staff I don't think it will be supported any time soon. And Paizo said something along the lines that they wanted FG to be mac native in order to support it, so unless something happens there I don't really see any official support in the near future.

Of course, if JPG/moon_wizard was playing Pathfinder instead of 4e I'd bet we'd have a more frequently updated ruleset at least for PF. (wishful thinking^^)

Since neither of those are likely to happen soon, our group has settled with modifying the current d20_JPG ruleset and will likely incorporate the same changes when d20_JPG is merged with 3.5e/d20 in FG. (one can use the extension which is lying around on page 7 on this thread for the current d20_JPG.)

(There shouldn't be that many changes needed to make a workable PF edition of the merged 3.5 ruleset, though)

edit: That said, I'm not sure if there needs to be any support from Paizo for "just" a ruleset. With the OGL and Pathfinder Compatible License or even the Community Use Policy, there shouldn't need to be any 'official' involved as far as I know. Hero Lab (character generator) has supported Pathfinder for a long time and just became officially supported as of yesterday.

Perhaps enough demand from the community could push for a PF ruleset for Fantasy Grounds?

I'm sure ddavison or moon_wizard could give a more clear answer though.

Leonal
July 12th, 2010, 22:48
Double post, but I just wanted to add this from a Fantasy Grounds thread at the Paizo forums.

Link. (https://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/paizoPublishing/pathfinder/pathfinderRPG/general/fantasyGroundsPathfinderRPGSupport&page=2#78)

Are there still discussions going on between Smiteworks USA and Paizo? (Unless that's confidential too)

Whoa there.

Somehow this thread had failed to attract my attention until now, and I sure wish that weren't the case, because it's loaded with misinformation.

Now, I can't reveal a lot about specific ongoing confidential discussions, but I can provide some general information.

First of all, our *long-term* goals with respect to tools such as character generators and virtual tabletops do indeed involve a high degree of platform agnosticism (not just a desire for Mac OS support). We want to encourage developers to make great tools that work well for you whether you've chosen to use them on Windows, Mac, Linux, or a mobile device. And we have a lot of ideas about how we can deliver great content to users of those tools, once those tools have evolved to the point where they can support our ideas. We also know that it's going to take a while to get there.

In the meantime, we are willing to discuss *nonexclusive* licenses that will allow the makers of current electronic tools to officially support the Pathfinder RPG.

Now, there are clearly some types of licensing requests that are easy to say yes to, and there are also some things we're not prepared to give away or license out at this time, but I'm confident that we could find ways for most professional software publishers to provide some level of official Pathfinder RPG support for their tools.

CampbellR66
July 14th, 2010, 13:14
This looks like progress and an option to not go down the D&D 4e route?

Double post, but I just wanted to add this from a Fantasy Grounds thread at the Paizo forums.

Link. (https://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/paizoPublishing/pathfinder/pathfinderRPG/general/fantasyGroundsPathfinderRPGSupport&page=2#78)

Are there still discussions going on between Smiteworks USA and Paizo? (Unless that's confidential too)

Leonal
July 14th, 2010, 13:42
Well since basically all of the rules are OGL, I don't see why they (Smiteworks USA) can't release a Pathfinder Compatible ruleset with an updated rules module, bestiary module, spell module and magic item module as long as no IP material like world specific (Golarion) names aren't used.

There might be more to it, but I'm hoping it can be that simple.^^

Of course, to get a license like Hero Lab got, there are more requirements that need to be filled I guess.

drahkar
July 14th, 2010, 17:12
Well since basically all of the rules are OGL, I don't see why they (Smiteworks USA) can't release a Pathfinder Compatible ruleset with an updated rules module, bestiary module, spell module and magic item module as long as no IP material like world specific (Golarion) names aren't used.

There might be more to it, but I'm hoping it can be that simple.^^

Of course, to get a license like Hero Lab got, there are more requirements that need to be filled I guess.

The first part is a legal concern. They don't publish content without licensing from the Publisher period. It is a matter of respect and makes sure SmiteWorks knows where they stand in regards to copyright.

Now that does not stop the community development of a ruleset for it. Something that has been discussed quite thoroughly in this thread. It just prevents them from including any content.

As to licensing, they have been working on obtaining it. To date, Paizo has simply not agreed to it yet.

Leonal
July 14th, 2010, 19:45
The first part is a legal concern. They don't publish content without licensing from the Publisher period. It is a matter of respect and makes sure SmiteWorks knows where they stand in regards to copyright.

Now that does not stop the community development of a ruleset for it. Something that has been discussed quite thoroughly in this thread. It just prevents them from including any content.

As to licensing, they have been working on obtaining it. To date, Paizo has simply not agreed to it yet.

Yes I'm aware of that, and while I don't know what kind of license they were discussing, I'm guessing it was something to allow Smiteworks USA to release IP material too, which is why they mentioned the Mac requirement.

If it were "just" a Pathfinder Compatible license then I'm guessing they might not be that strict is all.

It's all just speculation on my part though. :)

Aidan_Dark
August 6th, 2010, 00:01
I don't suppose anyone could tell me how to gain access to moon wizard's extension? I've inserted it into my extensions folder but can't seem to figure out how to get it to work.

This may have been answered somewhere in this long thread but I didn't see it explained by moon wizard or through my browsing.

Thanks!

bradbdavis
August 15th, 2010, 03:12
Has anyone created Pathfinder CMB / CMD mod for the d20_jpg ruleset? If not, is there a reason (difficult?) ?

edit: See Workshop--I've created a CMD+CMB pathfinder extension for d20_jpg