PDA

View Full Version : 4E Game - Thursdays @ 8pm GMT/3pm EST

CaliGaucho
February 12th, 2009, 02:08
I'd like to DM a new campaign. The setting would be generally FR, but nothing wholly specific, at least off the bat. For the beginning I'll be taking some individual adventures and tailoring them to how we progress. The idea is that the group will somewhat determine the plotline as we progress and find the ties between their adventures.

The party will consist of five PCs that are an adventuring company. The first adventure will be their first real test of their skills and teamwork. Combat tactics will play a large part so it will require the players to act intelligently to make it through. I'd like a balanced party and that can be sorted out as people sign up, though a rogue is pretty much necessary for what is going to be involved. I want the play to start with a group that knows at least something about each other and having some common goal, if that's just sticking together for mutual survival and profit beyond anything else. We'll use pre-game planning and discussion to work out what the rest of the party knows about your character (backstory that they've shared, general habits, likes/dislikes, phobias, etc.).

The time for the game fits into my quirky schedule. Sessions would be at my local time of 12pm noon pacific time. That means 3pm EST/8pm GMT. Non-American players are certainly more than welcome since it's likely to more easily fit your schedule than those living in the States.

Reply to this thread or PM me if you are interested, have further questions, etc. I've played RPGs for some time, and have a bit of DM experience. This will be my first foray into 4E in that capacity though so don't be intimidated if you are new to this edition as well.

Surge
February 13th, 2009, 00:05
Hi,

I'm interested.

I have dabbled a little bit into 4th edition with my friends from home, but nothing serious. We also played a bit of 3.0 and 3.5, but again nothing serious.

I have yet to buy FGII, but will do if I can get into a campaign and when I have the money to spare (very tight right now).

I'm in the UK, and 8pm on thursdays is pretty perfect for me.

CaliGaucho
February 13th, 2009, 12:11
Alright, Surge. Sounds great. I will need a bit of time to finish prep, and of course we'll need more players. A party of 4-5 being necessary. I'm using some adventures from the 'Dungeon Crawl Classics' and creating modules for FG2. So, the setting won't be FR after all, but the world of Aerith in the beginning. The world is intentionally generic so transitioning later shouldn't be an issue.. along with the fact that I should have enough material to run through sessions for quite some time. The style, as the name suggests, is along the lines of the traditional dungeon crawls, though there are plenty of twists and turns along the way to keep it interesting.

I'll send you a private message with some more info later.

Surge
February 13th, 2009, 13:45
Sounds great! I've never played in Forgotten Realms anyway, just generic worlds that me and my friends created when we played from time to time.

I'll see if I can get some of my friends interested if thats okay? They have never looked into any VTT software, but i've told them all about it and its potential before (I wanted to get a campaign going with them again online).

CaliGaucho
February 13th, 2009, 21:59
Yeah.. that'd be great, people is the main thing needed right now.

StrangeBlades
February 14th, 2009, 15:22
Hi there, StrangeBlades here,

I would love to join your effort into 4E. I've roleplayed for about 15 years but had to take a 10-year break - until now (cue music). I've got the 4E players manual and plan on playing a rogue.

And when I played it was almost always in FR.

I live in the eastern standard time zone so you let me know the day and time.

SB

StrangeBlades
February 14th, 2009, 15:27
Urg, wait, you did say the time. I just didn't read it.

SB

Flak
February 14th, 2009, 18:55
I would like to join, if there's still room. EST, but that's one of the perks of nightshift. I have played a few 4e sessions, and am fairly well acquainted to FGII. And dungeon delving is freakin' sweet. Sign me up!

Couple questions: What books dost thou allow besides Core? Dost thou wish to add PHB2 when it becomes available? Ect. Ect. I'm nosy but still very interested.

CaliGaucho
February 15th, 2009, 03:26
The time again is 8pm GMT/3pm EST. Anyone interested, apply at the calendar slot for the campaign (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=368). Also, everyone please join the group page for this campaign at https://groups.google.com/group/aereth-adventures?hl=en.

I'll be using the group page so that we can all get organized before we start playing. Any WotC 4E publications are fair game, though I don't think the PHB2 will be out before we get rolling. We can talk about a possible conversion once it does though.

StrangeBlades
February 15th, 2009, 14:58
Damn. I've got work on Thursday from 9 to 5 p.m. Guess that leaves me out for consideration. Good luck with finding a group.

SB

CaliGaucho
February 16th, 2009, 11:08
As of now, it looks like I have three players signed up, and am aiming for a total of five. That means two more slots in the game. We'll be able to start the first thursday after we fill the party. Unless that were to happen tomorrow, I don't think it will work out for this week. I expect to be ready to get going next week though. So, anyone else interested, the time is now.

zohnnyg
February 16th, 2009, 12:49
ill play. im from the tuesday group. we have the same dm as when you play on thursdays. im in california so 12 pm is fine. i dont want to play a healer. but ill play anything else. i left you a message on the google fork in the road/knife in the back forum thingy.

Surge
February 16th, 2009, 19:50
Hey, just thought I should mention this. I can't post on the Google Group message board.

It says "Your account is not able to post at this time."

Any idea why?

Brognan
February 17th, 2009, 03:13
Hi CaliGaucho,

I'm home at 3:00 pm EST on Thursdays and would love to join your group, but I'm a total noob at D&D and FGII. I bought the PHB and FGII a couple of weeks ago and have been studying furiously. Got the Parser and am trying to load up the modules with data.

I'd really like to sit in as an observer - to get my feet wet. If you don't get all the players you need I could jump in , but l'm new and afraid I'd slow you down.

If you can't handle an observer, I totally understand.

Good luck,

Brognan

CaliGaucho
February 17th, 2009, 06:01
That's fine.. but really, the way I think you learn is by playing. If you want to scope it out and maybe think about joining later on that's fine too. Join the google group (link is earlier in the thread).

Surge, I'll try to sort that out right now. Just thought you guys were being quiet. Flak/Kelly can post so maybe that'll give me an idea of what's wrong.

Ok.. I looked at the membership thing and it says your email hasn't been verified so it's not letting you post. This is usually where it sends an email to you that you have to follow link from to activate? to be honest, I can't remember exactly for sure.

Bowmen
February 20th, 2009, 06:23
hey there I would like to play
Tiefling Warlock
Thanks

Bjarnveig
February 20th, 2009, 21:42
I am very interested in D&D Rp and I would be much appreciative if you would take on a newb, hehe. I dabbled a tiny little bit with my nephew years ago, but we didn't get very far since we couldn't get any players to join (was living in Iceland at the time). I don't have any of the rulebooks or anything, but I am willing to do some research into the matter if you accept me as a part of your grp. I would probably play an elven mage or an elven cleric. You decide which would be more fitting in your grp.