PDA

View Full Version : Tales Of Barsoom (3.5 MSRD)

Stuart
February 10th, 2009, 13:15
Welcome To Mars !

Not Mars as it is – airless and probably lifeless. No, this is Mars as it should be and as it was once imagined to be – an ancient, dying, but not yet dead world, a world where a vast canal network reaches from pole to pole, bringing water and life to fantastic cities. A world where warrior tribes of Green Martians raid the outlying cities of the canal dwellers (Red Martians), a world where, in places dark and quiet and forgotten beneath the surface, ancient and terrible intellects plan dark and dire deeds.

This is the Mars imagined by Edgar Rice Burroughs. It is a Mars of sky-corsairs, of duels with blade and blaster, of sinister plots, fantastic inventions and daring rescues. It is a Mars where ancient cities can be discovered and their lost treasures plundered, a Mars where a trek across the dry sea bottoms and trackles wastes can yield amazing discoveries. A Mars where terrible creatures haunt the shadows and giant white apes carve out barbaric empires.

It is the Mars of pulp fiction and Saturday morning serials.

Starting in March, I'm hoping for 4 or 5 intrepid Earthmen (or native Barsoomians) to explore the cities, jungles, mountains and wastelands of Barsoom. Players will start at lvl 3 and we will be using the MSRD.

I have two spots reserved - looking for 3 more committed players. Probably running on a Friday night but willing to find an evening that suits the majority. 8 PM GMT to 11:30 PM GMT.

Please PM me if interested.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barsoom