PDA

View Full Version : 4E_JPG with Battlerage Vigor/Improved Vigor/Invigorating Attacks

CaribbeanGamer
February 7th, 2009, 22:21
Has anyone found an easy way to deal with these abilities other than manually calculating temp HP after each attack? I have a dragonborn fighter with Battlerage Vigor and Improved Vigor, and we're finding it a bit clunky.

Any help/suggestions are welcome, and thanks in advance!

Moon Wizard
February 10th, 2009, 00:43
For specific 4E ruleset questions, you are probably better off posting to the fouruglymonsters.com forum for the ruleset. That's where most people post their ruleset-specific questions.

By default, in the 4E ruleset, any number dragged to the temporary hit point field replaces the previous number.

I just took a look at the Battlefield Vigor feature, and it's quite a complex ability.

* For the temp hp on being hit, I would drag the number from the ability bonus field for constitution onto the temporary hit points field.
* For temp hp on invigorating power hit, you'll have to add these hit points manually. (special stacking temporary hit points)
* For bonuses on hitting while you have temporary hit points, you could type "/mod 1 Invigorating Damage" in the chat box, do not hit return yet, and drag the string to a hot key. Then, the player only has to hit a hot key to apply the damage bonus when they have temporary hit points.

Cheers,
JPG

CaribbeanGamer
February 10th, 2009, 02:35
I think that's enough, it didn't bog us down too badly.

Cheers!

Xorn
February 10th, 2009, 02:40
moon_wizard has it dead on, except I'd do:

/mod 1 Invigorating Damage and press enter

Then drag the number from the mod box to a hotkey. That will label it automatically for you. :)

CaribbeanGamer
February 10th, 2009, 03:02
Nice - on a side note, any idea why my NPCs wouldn't show on the client-side combat tracker? Show fine on mine, full functional, they just can't see them/drop attack rolls on them from their side.

Strangest thing.

Griogre
February 10th, 2009, 03:11
You have to check the circle between the monster's reach and the friend / foe / neutral icon to make monsters show up on the player tracker.

CaribbeanGamer
February 10th, 2009, 03:22
I knew it was something dumb like that. Awesome, thanks alot guys, loving FG more and more everyday.

My new campaign is 4 players with ZERO D&D/RPG experience, but we're having a ton of fun anyways.

Xorn
February 10th, 2009, 12:40
If there's a system that's good for brand new DMs/Players, I think 4E is a great place to jump in. It's a lot like that old Othello commercial.

I ran intro/one-shots for 1E, 2E, 3E, and 4E at the FLGS; 4E was by far the most enjoyable and successful, even for the DMs.

macrender
June 10th, 2009, 12:25
I was wondering if thee was a way to handle this by using the "effects" panel???

Render??

Griogre
June 10th, 2009, 20:30
I don't see using the effects panel would help with battlerager. You could certainly use the modifier panel for the invigorating damage mod, but you could also just use the /mod command or a line in the special abilites pane on the character sheet to make a hot key.

You might be able to put some text up with the effects panel but then the DM would have to mess with the combat tracker for the player. The DM has enough things going on, that I would rather have the player mess with his mod if I were running.