PDA

View Full Version : 3 Players looking for 3.5e Game

ErsatzPyre
February 7th, 2009, 02:32
I'm a 9 year experience GM who wants to take the role of a PC for a change. I have 2 players that are my best friends and all of us have and can use FG2 without any impressive bragging rights.

All three of us are 3.5e addicts, but we're also a bit rusty because of our normal lives. We still play between us but we're looking for a game where they can play side-by-side with their "beloved GM" for once, hah.

Anyways, we're EST time zoned and are all open on Sundays.
Anyone open to hosting a game for us & ayone else who wants to join?

unerwünscht
February 7th, 2009, 02:48
I could maybe do a Sunday game as well. I know I could run one every other week if that works for you. What time frame are you guys looking at wanting to play in? Are you looking for a Greyhawk game, or something else? Open ended adventure, or ran through some prebuild campaigns?

I actually have a ton of questions, but I guess we should wait to see if you have any other DM's that are willing to host, and if we can come up with a schedule that works for everyone.

ErsatzPyre
February 7th, 2009, 16:22
I could maybe do a Sunday game as well. I know I could run one every other week if that works for you. What time frame are you guys looking at wanting to play in? Are you looking for a Greyhawk game, or something else? Open ended adventure, or ran through some prebuild campaigns?

I actually have a ton of questions, but I guess we should wait to see if you have any other DM's that are willing to host, and if we can come up with a schedule that works for everyone.

Questions you say? Fire away!

Actually, it doesn't really matter if its prebuilt or not (although I have almost always built my own worlds and campaigns from zero up, so thats what they're used to). Either way would be fine.
We'll probably enjoy starting at any level from 1-10, with level 1 starts being the most often picked. We usually play until epic, heh.

Campaign setting doesn't matter much either, with the exception that we're not the greatest fans of Eberron, although we don't shun it.

In truth, we just want the excitement of a GM we've never met choosing to host a 3.5e game in whatever style makes him at his best!

kwixson
February 7th, 2009, 18:39
You might look at this one on the calendar.

https://fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=366

I don't know anything about it, but it seemed to be the most promising/active one on the calendar when I looked. Needs players. Looks like the DM might be of the "give them everything they want" / superhero character style, which I'm not sure I'm too keen on, but it couldn't hurt to try it and see what's what, I think.

ErsatzPyre
February 7th, 2009, 18:48
You might look at this one on the calendar.

https://fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=366

I don't know anything about it, but it seemed to be the most promising/active one on the calendar when I looked. Needs players. Looks like the DM might be of the "give them everything they want" / superhero character style, which I'm not sure I'm too keen on, but it couldn't hurt to try it and see what's what, I think.

I appreciate it. Honestly I don't care for the "give them everything they want" style. Not sure what's going on with that schedule either...August? typo?

kwixson
February 7th, 2009, 18:52
That was a typo. Mine. I was trying to suggest tomorrow and got the day and month transposed. There doesn't seem to be a way to delete it.

ErsatzPyre
February 7th, 2009, 18:56
Fair enough.

So...which one is it then?

https://fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=286

[EDIT] I think this is actually the one he's currently trying to host...
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=353

kwixson
February 7th, 2009, 21:00
It's the first one I told you. He pointed me to it after I signed up for the one you point out.

madman
February 9th, 2009, 16:31
Hey there
just wanted to clear some things up if you have any questions about the campaign

first, its not give them anything they want, at all
second, high power goes for PC'S and the MOB's
"Drow Come From All The Cracks In the Cavern At Once"

This is the one i will be running, and saturday is going to be the best day for me. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=366

kwixson
February 9th, 2009, 17:17
I think we both understand that you run a high power game and it's not a criticism, and to say "give them all they want" it is only a shorthand for describing your apparent style compared to what we prefer. What I prefer, when I have my druthers, is to be in games that run a bit lean on the power. I think characters are more interesting and fun to play when we have to make hard choices about strengths and weaknesses, and in a range where the dice play a bigger role than they do where everything has a large modifier. I just prefer it, that's all. But hey, if I wasn't willing to try it your way I wouldn't have signed up. Yea?

ErsatzPyre
February 9th, 2009, 18:47
I'm with kwixson on that. No offense intended throughout our discourse.

I much appreciate the link, it kills the confusion for me, although I will be honest and say that I may not take you up on the offer as someone else had PMed me with game info that was rather appealing to us.

:)

trevorgall
February 10th, 2009, 11:18
I am keen to find some players.3.5e . But im based in Sydney Aus, So depends on the time diff. I can host a game in evenings. From 8pm till midnight or later on a Sat evening my time so would be an early AM start Sunday EST time.. if my calcs are correct.
I have played DND since the 70's (Men and Magic etc) but currently 3.5 ,not intersetd in 4th. Have run several games in openrpg. But keen to give FG a good go. Currently Dm a group in person.
Let me know if interested.

ReikaMichiko
February 14th, 2009, 01:46
you might be what im looking for, and i might be what you guys are looking for...

time frame is 6:30pm-12pm EST on weekdays, and pretty much all day on weekends

i run 3.5 games, played on FGI , and i have a fairly extensive track record so far...

I DM to make sure my players are having fun, thats what makes D&D is interesting to me, although being a player every once in a while is really fun to.

My campaigns are ussually fairly in dept, done on the fly, and get alot of inspiration from popular authors like Robert Jordan, Piers Anthony, and Jennifer Roberson.

I dont limit books, in fact I encourage you to get as many as you can and power game the hell out of my campaign, however I dont tolerate rule breaking, everything must be done to the letter unless it needs to be brought to my attention for house ruling. (Good example is whirlwind from PHB, wayyy to lame for the preqs...)

If any of this sounds interesting, get a hold of me at one of the following
(Only email me if you REALLY have no other way to get in contact with me, i barely check it)
Aim: Grabingnirvana
Email: [email protected]
Myspace: www.myspace.com/explosiveecstasy

or

You could of course just reply to this

ErsatzPyre
February 14th, 2009, 13:16
Thanks to unerwünscht, kwixson, madman, trevorgall, and Mikker0 for the game offers/info.
we've found a game with tahl_liadon, who has gotten us rather interested in the AE variant.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=359

I might personally PM some of you anyways to PC in another game.

ReikaMichiko
February 14th, 2009, 15:46
Well , always looking for someone to DM for, feel free to contact me when you want