PDA

View Full Version : Host/Player sessions on the same computer.

DanReiv
February 3rd, 2009, 18:09
Hi there,

We're currently using Fantasy ground to allow a friend of ours to play on our regular pnp sessions. Skype, Fantasy ground, couple webcams, so far so good, but my problem is that the tv screen we're using to see our friends rolls and the maps are the DM version.

I'd like to know if it's possible to have 2 versions of fantasy ground running on the same computer using dual screen for visibility (Me = DM session = Laptop, Friends = Player session = TV) ? I've tried but never managed to connect on the host session, yeah i'm a noob in info :D

Any help appreciated, I'd like to use the mask option ;) (well I can but its pointless since every player but one see through it)

edit: Im on xp sp2 if it's matter

zabulus
February 3rd, 2009, 18:33
I think this would be possible by expanding your desktop over both the laptop screen and the TV. You can log in to your own session as a client on your laptop and have the DM session on your laptop and your client session on your TV screen.

Oberoten
February 3rd, 2009, 18:46
Connect to 127.0.0.1 on the same computer. :)

DanReiv
February 3rd, 2009, 19:07
Exactly what I was looking for ;)

Thanks !

Xorn
February 3rd, 2009, 19:50
What you are describing is exactly what I did to show off FG2 at my FLGS one night. DM session on the laptop, the Player session (connecting to "localhost") on the wall projector. Was made of win.

Sorontar
February 3rd, 2009, 22:50
What you are describing is exactly what I did to show off FG2 at my FLGS one night. DM session on the laptop, the Player session (connecting to "localhost") on the wall projector. Was made of win.

Was that pure win or was it cut with some awesome? :D

Foen
February 4th, 2009, 06:35
I added this to the Wiki FAQ yesterday lunchtime!