PDA

View Full Version : Square portraits into round holes!!

gamersquest
February 1st, 2009, 13:34
Quick question - I have uploaded some new portraits for a campaign I am about to start - however when I view them in FGII they still appear square within the round portrait image - if that makes sense - how do I get them to fill the circle and not show a white boarder - this happens regardless of the image size I upload?

TQ

J

Stuart
February 1st, 2009, 13:46
RPTools has a variety of free applications, one of them will resize your portriats and crop them into circles - also adding a variety of borders.

https://www.rptools.net

gamersquest
February 1st, 2009, 15:37
Thanks Stuart - it works a treat ..... except - I'm still getting my portraits placed inside another circle when uploaded into FGII - any idea it's really frustrating :-)

Stuart
February 1st, 2009, 15:51
FGII will resize your circle to fit, including the border. A fix here will involve using something like Paint or GIMP to remove the border. I dont think Token Maker has a "no border" option. Sorry.

Spyke
February 1st, 2009, 15:55
There's a note on this in the user guide (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide/identities.xcp).

It is recommended the size of the image be no more than 100 pixels in either dimension. Square shaped images are recommended to prevent distortion of proportions.
I remember this caught me out for a while. I now crop portrait images to squares with no border, and make a separate token image using TokenTool as a circle.

Spyke

gamersquest
February 1st, 2009, 16:21
I'm so sorry to be a pain here - but when I crop to a square - it appears as a square within the FGII portrait circle - if I use Token Tool - it then appears as a circle within the FGII circle - all I want to do it import portraits that will fit within the FGII portrait circle - lol - so frustrating - I'm sure it should be simple - could it be the ruleset I'm using affecting things?

Spyke
February 1st, 2009, 16:36
Which ruleset are you using?

Do you want to attach an example of one of your problem portraits? (We might have to wait awhile for the file to be approved.)

Spyke

gamersquest
February 1st, 2009, 16:41
Hi Spyke

Well with thanks to you both I think I've sorted the problem - I've read lots about the images having to be 60x60 - this leaves the gap - by increasing to 100x100 solves the problem - thanks again for all the help - such a stupidly simple solution - doh!

Spyke
February 1st, 2009, 16:46
Good; glad it's working. :)

Spyke

Stuart
February 1st, 2009, 16:56
What "he" said :p

Griogre
February 1st, 2009, 17:44
I think the minimum size is 63x63... that's the portrait mask size in the d20 ruleset - I assume its the same in the foundation one. I always crop my character portraits to 64x64.

Foen
February 1st, 2009, 22:31
The portrait 'natural' size is 63x63: anything bigger is resized down. I've never tried anything smaller, but it may be you have stumbled upon the result.

Cheers

Foen