PDA

View Full Version : European player looking for game.

Crusader2010
February 1st, 2009, 00:43
Hello all,

I'm a experienced roleplayer from the Netherlands, Europe. I'm looking for a weekly game with some serious roleplaying in it. I am familiar with the following games:

D&D3.5 & D&D 4e
-Forgotten Realms
-Dragonlance
-Eberron
Earthdawn
Warhammer Fantasy RPG
World Of Darkness (1st edition)
-Vampire: The Masquerade
-Demon: The Fallen
-Werewolf: The Apocalypse
Shadowrun (pretty green at this).

I would possibly also be open for something new. Just ask.

My availability would mostly be in the evening, European central time (GMT+1), with is morning/afternoon in the USA, depending on the coast.

I'm considered a roleplayer who takes games very seriously and dedicated to showing up every week. I usually write quite extensive backgrounds and flesh out my characters deeply, so I like the game to be seriously into RP as well and less into hack&slash.

If you know of a game I can join, don't hesitate to post here or PM me.

Not available on Sundays and Wednsdays. Any other day may work, check with me.

scytale2
February 1st, 2009, 21:04
We could fit in a new roleplayer on Thursday nights (GMT), if you are interested. We are playing Curse of the Crimson Throne converted to 4th edition. Roleplaying is paramount. Send me a tell, if interested.

Alyais
February 1st, 2009, 21:56
We play on Monday's at 7:00 EST. (GMT-5). I'm pretty sure that means we -begin- at 1:00 in the morning your time. If you're interested; I have a post here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9622

Crusader2010
February 2nd, 2009, 07:37
First off, thank you both for replying.

scytale2: I'm not familiar with Curse of the Crimson Throne (googled it, saw it's pathfinder, but I never played that either), but Thursday nights might fit in well in my schedule. I'll message you for more information.

Alyais: I have a fulltime job, so that time unfortunately won't work for me. Thanks for the offer though!

Stuart
February 2nd, 2009, 13:17
A John Carter/Barsoom game will kick off next month using the MSRD. The game will be GMT based and possibly on a Friday or Sunday evening ... 8-PM to 11:30 PM.

Crusader2010
February 2nd, 2009, 13:25
I'm sorry Stuart, I fear I'm not familiar with that lingo. What is a John Carter/Barsoom game and what is the MSRD?

Fridays would work for me at those times. I'm off on sunday evenings though to my RL RPG group. (yea, I'm an addict :p)

Valarian
February 2nd, 2009, 15:17
John Carter/Barsoom is Edgar Rice Burroughs' Mars series (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Rice_Burroughs#Barsoom_series)
MSRD is d20 Modern (System Reference Document) (https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/msrd)

I think Stuart is saying that he's planning a Barsoom setting story using the d20 Modern rules.

Crusader2010
February 2nd, 2009, 15:27
Aha, thanks Valarian. I read up about the Barsoom books on Wikipedia, but sadly it doesn't tell me all that much. Could you perhaps elaborate on this game, Stuart, or point me somewhere where I can see what this is all about?

Stuart
February 2nd, 2009, 15:44
Barsoom was Burrough's version of Mars, populated by Red Men (Mars' "human lifeform), Green Men (huge hulking humanoids - intelligent semi-nomadic raiders) and White Apes (hulking carnivores that preyed on everything but only found in remote areas or Barsoom's ruins).

John Carter was Burrough's Earthman - mysteriously transported to Mars and a native of 20th Century Virginnia. Technology exists but is failing, as is the atmosphere and Barssom is clearly a world in decline. However, forgotten technologies, Radium weapons, strange forgotten peoples and so on, litter the planet.

The setting is essentially swords and sorcery (psionics more than anything) with limited technology (radium pistols, sky boats).

Crusader2010
February 2nd, 2009, 15:49
I must say it sounds intriguing. Should I think of a setting with a feeling a bit like the old Flash Gordon comics? For starters, what would the party consist of? Humans transported to Mars? Or would a knowledge of the books be necessary in order to play?

Stuart
February 2nd, 2009, 18:02
Knowledge of the books not needed, the party (eventually) will be a mix of Red, Green and earthmen. I'll be posting this as a Campaign in a couple of weeks time and will be looking for 4 to 5 players.

The setting is a little bit like Flash Gordon in that it is "pulpy" rather than High Fantasy.

Detty
February 2nd, 2009, 20:01
Hi all, just bought FG and i'm looking to join in with a group. Dont mind what i play.. just need some gaming..

Crusader2010
February 7th, 2009, 12:31
I'm still looking for a game on Saturday that fits with my european timezone. I'm available the entire day.

Spyke
February 7th, 2009, 12:40
I'm running a one-shot GURPS game this evening starting at 19:00 GMT.

See this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9592)for details.

Spyke

Crusader2010
February 7th, 2009, 12:50
Hello Spyke.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm looking for some longer term games. Especially since I'm unfamiliar with GURPS. I would just slow things down while stumbling through learning the rules and that's not fun for a singleshot.

Thanks though!

Spyke
February 7th, 2009, 14:31
No problem. ;)

Spyke