PDA

View Full Version : Error when connecting

unerwünscht
January 26th, 2009, 23:38
I am trying to host a new game. When users on my local network connect to me they get no errors at all. However remote users keep getting errors like:

Runtime Error: Error downloading 'ruleset/icons/button_minisheet.png'
Runtime Error: Error downloading 'ruleset/icons/dmdie_icon.png'

Its the same error for all users, however not the same files. They are each having issues with different files. Sometimes its ruleset files as in the example above, sometimes its token files.

Has anyone else seen this before? and/or know what to do?

Blue Haven
January 27th, 2009, 00:35
You forgot to say that the ruleset you´re using is JPG_V2 ;)

Griogre
January 27th, 2009, 02:34
This use to happen to me a lot with the 4E_JPG ruleset. Just have your guys get what they can, then disconnect and reconnect. When they reconnect they will get the files they missed and have them keep connecting and disconnecting until they get all of them. The max number of times someone had to connect like that to me was around three times and most got everything in two tries.

I never did figure out what the deal was with this, and I haven't had the problem in a while, but then I haven't had to push out the whole ruleset to multiple guys at once at the same time for a long time.

unerwünscht
January 27th, 2009, 03:23
Thanks for the info, we will give that a shot.

edit: Ok, we tried that, and it doesn't seem to send any files on subsequent connections.

Astinus
January 27th, 2009, 17:05
What about for those guys having troubles you pre-distribute the campaign.dat file? I use mediafire and people download it from there.

I generally open another instance on my machine, which triggers the ruleset file transfer and creates the campaign.dat. But I imagine the campaign.dat should already exist in your FG app data folder under cache/"campaign name".

My guys drop the .dat in the exact same folder on their machines and they never have to worry about downloading the ruleset again. We do it because we have a few low bandwidth guys, but it should do the trick for you.