PDA

View Full Version : Noob Alert

Gryfen
January 26th, 2009, 21:27
Hello all, Just thought id drop in and hi. I’m usually more of a lurker than a poster, but since purchasing FG2 I find myself wanting to ask/talk to you all about it. So I thought I would go ahead and introduce myself… so you can know exactly who your putting on your ignore list . Hehe

So, I'm a long time gamer who’s been out of the PNP games for several years due to work, and what I thought was important… But recently I’ve come to the realization that Work/Money are not as important as family/Fun ( Funny how 3 heart surgeries in one year can make you realign your priorities… hehe) So my Wife( And my Doctor) Tell me I have to find things to do to help me relax.. So… I dug out some of my D&D stuff from storage (See image below) Made a few calls to my old Adventuring party (Who by the way haven’t played since their DM, i.e. Me, left and were chomping at the bit to play again) Bought FG2 ( The best VTT out there, trust me I spent WEEKS deciding what to buy) and here I am.

Without going into the whole age thing… Lets just say I’ve been playing D&D since the late 70’s.. and DM’ing since the early 80’s. I’ve dabbled in other RPG’s.. (James Bond Yes.. there was a James Bond RPG, Robotech, as well as Shadowrun) but always returned to my favorite.

I’ve been very impressed with the number of older gamers I’ve found since looking into the whole Virtual Tabletop gaming so I’ve decided to up the ante and include a picture of some of the Books and accessories I’ve gathered over the years.I’ve also managed to gather over 5Gigs of PDF’s ( Paizo publishing ROCKS) So I am the module making fool.

Anyway… Sorry about the length… didn’t mean to turn this into a novel, Just wanted to say Hi.. and let you know to expect the usual “Stoopid Noob” questions.:p

Edit:
And the first thing i do is post this to the wrong area... was supposed to be in the commons... See told you I was a noob ::: Shakes his head:::

devinnight
January 26th, 2009, 22:05
Nice collection.. especially the multiple copies of the harbound books.

-D

Sorontar
January 26th, 2009, 22:09
Some old friends in that piccy :)

Welcome back from the shadowy realm of lurking and I hope you have plenty of continuing fun gaming with FG2.

Xorn
January 26th, 2009, 22:54
Welcome! Very impressive collection!

I used to have every Palladium book in print, till an ex-girlfriend got me to sell them to a used bookstore. If I could go back in time...

I couldn't tell if Isle of Dread was the in the BECMI pile--best adventure ever.

Gryfen
January 27th, 2009, 00:43
Thanks for the welcome... and Yeah.. I liked to have several books that way there was always enough for everyone to read( Didnt hurt that a friend married a woman who wouldnt let him play, so he gave me all his stuff. On the condition that he gets em back if they divorce... So I moved and didnt give him my new #.. lol (jk)

Dont see Isle in this stack... But I know I had it at one time or another... Your right it was GREAT... Might be in the stuff still in storage... I'm a packrat.

Callum
January 27th, 2009, 14:29
Welcome! And thanks for giving me another opportunity to show my most-viewed picture on Flickr (https://www.flickr.com/photos/hanrahan/610134919/). :)

Scarlett
January 30th, 2009, 22:39
I, too, am a lurker, but I had to say WOW that is an impressive collection, both to Gryfen and to Callum

Scarlett

"We all can be only who we are, no more, no less" (paraphrase from SoT)

scytale2
January 31st, 2009, 09:39
I think you need to sell all that 2nd ed junk (plenty of buyers around) and get some retail therapy for some new stuff:) You could do worse than a subscription to D&D Insider on the Wizards site.

Am not too sure D&D is the best game to reduce the blood pressure either, but welcome to the hobby once more! If you're starting afresh, I would recommend 4th edition as, because it's new, we're all learning again, which is part of the fun.

Oberoten
January 31st, 2009, 11:38
Thanks for the welcome... and Yeah.. I liked to have several books that way there was always enough for everyone to read( Didnt hurt that a friend married a woman who wouldnt let him play, so he gave me all his stuff. On the condition that he gets em back if they divorce... So I moved and didnt give him my new #.. lol (jk)

Dont see Isle in this stack... But I know I had it at one time or another... Your right it was GREAT... Might be in the stuff still in storage... I'm a packrat.

Welcome aboard, may the winds favour your Jorney. And may it bring you many a new and interesting experience.

- Obe

ErsatzPyre
February 7th, 2009, 18:26
Welcome aboard Gryfen! Ya, more than a few of us know what it's like being lurkers. Now that I've had the majority of my questions answered by pokin' around the threads I figured it was time to stick my nose in the cauldron.

Btw, nice collections Gryfen & Callum. Good stuff!
I would show my collection but I traded it out for .pdf when I last moved! Woe!