PDA

View Full Version : Devin Night's Tokens: Now Free

devinnight
January 25th, 2009, 15:28
Hello fellow gamers.

I'm releasing all my tokens for free.
I appreciate every person who has purchased tokens in the past, you have made the FUM site possible.
Today I will change the store to reflect this, all token packs will be free.
https://fouruglymonsters.com/onlinestore/

By making the tokens free I will free myself from needing to make large tokens sets. I've always tried to make the sets as large as possible to give people the largest bang for their buck.
Now I can release One or two or 10 token packs. I can make a larger variety of tokens on unrelated themes.

Future releases will include both hi and lo-res versions of the token. I am also going to go back and center all tokens in a square image, having realized that some programs work better with a token that is centered. I might also make a set that has a round base under the tokens to give them a "mini" feel and look.

I will still be taking custom orders for tokens or map objects for $4 per token/object.

The same copyright limitations still apply, you may now distribute the tokens freely but may not use them commercially in any way without my written permission.
You may mod them as much as you want and freely distribute any modified files.

From this point on I will have donation links, one for FUM and one for myself. There will be no set amount for donations.

More information and links to donate will be added to my token site....
https://www.immortalnights.com/tokensite/index.html

In related news....
FUM is gearing up for iCon 09.
We are planning for a weekend in April to be this years greatest weekend for VT's .
Head to https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/ for more information.

Spyke
January 25th, 2009, 15:33
You are a hero.

Many, many thanks. :)

Spyke

unerwünscht
January 25th, 2009, 16:07
Welcome to the world of people I consider "human", brother!

VenomousFiligree
January 25th, 2009, 16:13
Wow :o Nice one!

unerwünscht
January 25th, 2009, 16:19
Just so you know, I can not find a donate link anywhere, and I have looked.
Also when I goto "check out" it gives me two errors. The first says you are not processing orders from my region, the second is a failed to generate mail error.

Edit added:
The order still goes through, and the email is still sent, it just gives a false error.

devinnight
January 25th, 2009, 17:00
the error message is something I just can't figure out how to fix.. eventually (within a week or so) I hope to migrate these files over to FUM in the downloads section so that the store isn't needed at all.

The donate links will be coming, I need to appease my girls first today and then fix the toilet, then I'll make a new page with donation links.

Thanks for bringing these issues up, I'm sure many people will encounter the error problem.

-D

Sigurd
January 25th, 2009, 17:05
I need to appease my girls first today and then fix the toilet, then I'll make a new page with donation links.

-D
Great Quote!

Thanks for the tokens. I'll definitely get them from the downloads section.

devinnight
January 25th, 2009, 19:11
Also while you are there, check out Snikle's Maps which he is also giving away for free...
Even from Iraq that guy manages to make me look bad.
-D

unerwünscht
January 25th, 2009, 20:56
You might also be interested in knowing that our new site is coming up on its 2nd wave open beta. I am looking into adding a feature for "tagging" accounts as "Verified Community Supporter" or something along those lines to help denote members of the Roleplaying community that are generous enough to donate substantial works to the community, you most certainly meet the prerequisites for that at this point if you are interested. I understand and will not be offended if you are not.

ShaneB
January 25th, 2009, 21:54
Well that is what I get for not waiting just that moment longer :)

Thanks for releasing these to the community for free, and I was happy to help with enabling FUM through the purchase. :)

- Shane

Zulithe
January 26th, 2009, 00:54
Thank you. I love your tokens. The top-down look is perfect for virtual tabletops. I look forward to seeing what you create next!

*edit*
Snikle's maps are great too! You guys are top notch.

wavecutter
January 27th, 2009, 01:54
Thanks Devin!

Astinus
January 27th, 2009, 17:16
Yeah, thanks a bunch. I love your tokens.

adol
January 31st, 2009, 10:46
Thx a lot for the tokens and maps Devin Night !

Oberoten
January 31st, 2009, 11:36
Very very useful. :)

If nothing else since now nobody knows what I will throw at them.

- Obe

scytale2
February 6th, 2009, 23:45
Having trouble getting the tokenswith an email error, but thanks for the late Christmas present.

scytale2
February 7th, 2009, 00:19
All resolved now by clicking on the invoice in the email, which directs to the downloads. Am flicking through the tokens now. Some excellent kobolds, ogres and useful goblins, which add to my top-down collection.

I love the blue-faced ogre and the trolls too. Helpful to have a dead troll, as they have a nasty habit of rising back up...

Spectres, hook horror, umber hulk, duergar, harpies, manticores, griffon, chimerae, wererats, werebears, direboars...all good and really useful stuff...

devinnight
February 7th, 2009, 19:03
Thanks.

My 1st couple sets are the weakest but probably the most used.
I plan on remaking some of those more common ones.

Time of course is the biggest factor.
I tend to work on commissioned work 1st, jobs for friends second, and my own work last.

-D