PDA

View Full Version : User.getCurrentIdentityColors

Foen
January 25th, 2009, 09:18
I'm trying to set some desktop elements to have the same colour as the current identity (similar to the way a spot appears on the identity portrait icon).

While I am able to set the colours for client sessions during the desktop initialisation, and am successfully capturing and handling any changes to the current colours, calling getCurrentIdentityColors during the host desktop initialisation causes FG to crash on start-up.

Once started, opening the pointer selection window will allow calls to getCurrentIdentityColors from the host.

Is there a sequence of events on the host that must occur before getCurrentIdentityColors can be called? Is there another event that triggers when the host session is sufficiently initialised to allow the colour property to be queried?

Cheers

Stuart

Foen
January 25th, 2009, 09:21
By the way - this problem only arises when FG is first lanuched. Reloading the ruleset does not trigger the crash.

That makes debugging quite difficult, as I can't have a console window open to capture the problem or any diagnostics.

Foen
January 25th, 2009, 10:03
Hmm, tried using the campaign and global registries to save host information, and that works for existing campaigns but not for new ones. It seems FG remembers your last selected dice colour in the Windows System Registry and this cannot be accessed from within the FG engine.

*curses*