PDA

View Full Version : Newbie 4E D&D player seeking campaign to participate in.

Surge
January 24th, 2009, 21:54
Hi all.

I have been looking into getting myself and group of friends to play D&D 4th Edition online using a VTT, as we have all spread apart, to different parts of the country.

We used to play D&D 3rd Edition and then 3.5 from time to time before geography got in the way, but never really enough for our liking.

So I decided that I would run a campaign online for us, and after researching into various VTTs (Battlegrounds, OpenRPG, MapTool), I've come to the conclusion that FGII will be my choice of software.

However, as we never really played very much, I'm not too experienced when it comes to DM'ing, or even playing a PC for that matter, so I would like to join a campaign as a PC for a time, so I can see how one would run an RPG online, and also simply for the fact that I would like to play in a campaign :) !!

I have not bought Fantasy Grounds yet, but if there is a campaign that I can join (preferably a new one starting up at 1st level), which would be suitable to my schedule, then I will be more than willing to take the leap and purchase a full license.

I am in the UK, so GMT, and am available on most evenings from 7:00pm onwards, but Thursday and Fridays are best.

I look forward to hearing from people.

(edit) I regret not putting my timezone in the thread title. Sorry for the inconvenience.