PDA

View Full Version : Return to the Village of Hommlet

unerwünscht
January 24th, 2009, 03:40
Now recruiting players for "Return to the Village of Hommlet" a 3.5 D&D adventure. Play will start Saturday January 24th at 13:00 EST, and we will meet at the same time every other Saturday.

The campaign will run characters from 1st - 20th levels and possibly beyond.

l1wolf
January 24th, 2009, 14:59
How long will the games run and what are the character creation rules?

unerwünscht
January 24th, 2009, 15:14
The sessions will run as long as the players are willing/able to play.
Character creation will be done in game, and follow the core rules.

unerwünscht
January 24th, 2009, 19:03
Game has been postponed till January 31st 13:00 EST pending more players. We still need 2-4 more players.

We will not be using ventrilo or any other vox ap.
The two players we currently have are both mature and professional (ones in the Navy, the other is a web designer)
The DM has around 18 years experience running D&D games, and around 2 years experience running games with Fantasy Grounds.

l1wolf
January 25th, 2009, 05:08
I would like to play but I can't make a full session on the 31st, I could only be around for about 2 hours. Could we make characters and then start up the next week?

unerwünscht
January 25th, 2009, 20:51
You more than welcome to just make a character this weekend, and join in on a later session. Tho I would point out that, it (shouldn't) take very long for everyone to make 1st level characters, and I am willing to 'run' characters for players in their absence.

The Overlord
January 27th, 2009, 22:37
Hi,

This sounds like a good campaign. Still accepting players?

Respectfully,
The Overlord

ReikaMichiko
January 27th, 2009, 23:39
Hi, just a few questions then.

Question 1: Are any base classes allowed, such as Artificer from Eberron, or perhaps Spellthief from PHB2?

Question 2: Will all feats/races (no level adjustment) be allowed from any book?

Question 3: Will this be run on FG1 or FG2?

Question 4: Do you mind powergamers?

unerwünscht
January 28th, 2009, 02:28
Hi,

This sounds like a good campaign. Still accepting players?

Respectfully,
The Overlord
We are still accepting players for the Saturday game. The goal is to have 4-6 players who show up on a regular basis. So I try and start the games with around 8. We currently have 4 confirmed players, and 2 more that are thinking about it.

Hi, just a few questions then.

Question 1: Are any base classes allowed, such as Artificer from Eberron, or perhaps Spellthief from PHB2?
Question 2: Will all feats/races (no level adjustment) be allowed from any book?
Question 3: Will this be run on FG1 or FG2?
Question 4: Do you mind powergamers?

Sorry I could have sworn I made a post answering all of these already (but I see that I didn't). The simple answer to 1 & 2 is no. The only classes allowed are those found in the PHB, DMG, and Complete Series. This is for 2 reasons. The first is it helps maintain game balance, the 2nd being you as players really do not want me using the classes out of the other books, the game is just not fun for you anymore if I do. Unless you like making a new character every session cause your old one died.

Question 3: We will be using the current version of FGII. I know there are pirated versions of FG1 and older versions of FGII floating around out there, and I payed full price for 5 licenses, everyone else should pay for the program as well.

Question 4: I don't mind them, but they normally quit my games after a session or two. I spot them rather quickly and do not pull punches for them.

EKLEN
January 30th, 2009, 14:56
I would like to join also. but cant start this weekend. Maybe we could play later that night if people are available. like after 2200est. what all this troll stuff?

unerwünscht
January 30th, 2009, 16:13
Unfortunately, evening games with the main group are out of the question.
However, If you can round up the players, I can run an evening game pretty much anytime, as long as everyone is aware that I will be at work, and might need to take a 15 minute break from time to time.

Demmero
January 31st, 2009, 17:59
Got room for one more?

unerwünscht
January 31st, 2009, 19:14
I think we can handle one more, but we are ready to start the adventure at this point. I can bring you in on the next session if that will work for you.

The Overlord
February 1st, 2009, 02:42
For anyone wishing to use the point buy sys, here is a free online calculator.
Enjoy.

https://yellowrex.com/tools/pbcalc.php

unerwünscht
February 14th, 2009, 05:20
Just a reminder to everyone that this is a game weekend. :-) Hope to see you all around 13:00 EST