PDA

View Full Version : Keep on the Shadowfell map - spoilers

nezzir
January 23rd, 2009, 17:21
Here is a high level pass of Shadowfell Keep that I've been working on. I'll be breaking it down into sections and producing fractional maps for FG.

This map was done in CC3 using the standard CC3 symbols and a few special symbols from the awesome Dundjinni community.

I own Dundjinni as well, but I just operate better in CC3. It's probably the opposite for most folk.

Enjoy.

nezzir
January 23rd, 2009, 17:37
Here is a beauty shot of 'Area 3' suitable for FG2 play. Notice the square in the upper left corner. It is a guild for drawing the snap grid in FG2.

Tenian
January 23rd, 2009, 18:21
I wish I wasn't totally inept at using CC3 :)

nezzir
January 23rd, 2009, 18:45
It's really easy once you get the hang of layers, sheets, and the 'Like' button.

Layers: A way to group things so you can cut them on and off (hiding walls for example so you can go back and work on floors).

Sheets: A way to group thing so you can determine what sits on top of what and also to add effects like transparencies, glow, shadows, and blurs.

Like Button: A way to leech properties from another item. When I draw something, say a floor or a wall, I make a small sample of it off to the side. Next time I want to draw something similar, I use the 'like button' to extract the properties so I don't have to reset everything.

Eventually you get a library of items to 'Like' and drawings go very fast.

nezzir
January 23rd, 2009, 18:54
Here's a campaign map I'm working on. It's still a WIP, I haven't touched the Northern section, or the islands yet. Once that's done I'll make 2 or more passes over the entire map, tweaking things, before I call it done.

Tenian
January 23rd, 2009, 19:19
I tried running through the tutorial videos and had trouble even getting CC3 in the right "mode" for drawing dungeons. The menu bars were full of choices that didn't match what he had.

I understand the concepts behind it but I just never put in the time or really enjoyed playing with it. I had some silly dream I'd be able to crank out awesome looking maps...and ended up with poo I could have done in pbrush.exe

Good thing I have parsing a the ruleset to fill my non-playing 4E time with :)

Nice maps though :)

White Noise
January 24th, 2009, 21:58
Here is a high level pass of Shadowfell Keep that I've been working on. I'll be breaking it down into sections and producing fractional maps for FG.

This map was done in CC3 using the standard CC3 symbols and a few special symbols from the awesome Dundjinni community.

I own Dundjinni as well, but I just operate better in CC3. It's probably the opposite for most folk.

Enjoy.

Sorry to ask this but can you make the image a little bigger?? First, what a great job!! :D Second can you post a bigger picture? or this is the Max size?
Thanks and once again, you did it! ;)

nezzir
January 25th, 2009, 14:19
Sorry to ask this but can you make the image a little bigger?? First, what a great job!! :D Second can you post a bigger picture? or this is the Max size?
Thanks and once again, you did it! ;)

Do you have CC3? If you do I'll post the file and you can make it as big as you want.

If you don't have CC3, what size would you like it (the first one is 800x600 I think)? Do you want the 'GM Only Layer' on or off?

White Noise
January 26th, 2009, 14:03
Yes :) i do have CC3 but you must send me a small "how to do it" because i´m a little noob with this program.

Xorn
January 28th, 2009, 04:20
Nezzir,

Nice maps man! I love CC3/DD3 (like DJ, but also prefer CC3)--once I finish the published adventure paths, I'll be doing a lot more CC3 maps!

White Noise
January 28th, 2009, 16:05
Any news Nezzir...? ;)

nezzir
January 30th, 2009, 21:45
Any news Nezzir...? ;)

Doh! I completely forgot. Sorry dude.

Here's the map. Go into 'Sheets and Effect' and check 'Activate Sheet Effects' to get the full pic.

The you can 'Save as' and choose a jpg or png in a selected area and slice the map up any way you like.

White Noise
January 31st, 2009, 21:12
Oh crap :( i do not have the type of floor you used in your map...so i only see red crosses in there :( but the rest is there...

nezzir
February 5th, 2009, 01:21
hrm... I thought it rolled that into the file. Anyway, the floor is the hi-res pack for Symbol Set (1? - The dungeon one).