PDA

View Full Version : Combat tracker doesn't work

Captcorajus
January 19th, 2009, 18:30
Can't seem to get this thing to work.

I followed the instructions in the library, but stats and token don't track.

I open the personality as instructed, and drag the link over to the combat tracker. The name shows up, but the Token and the combat stats are blank.

Furthermore, the heading at the top of the track only shows "name". There is no heading for hit points or initiative or anything!

What is going on?

Tenian
January 19th, 2009, 18:38
Sounds like the issue mentioned here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9569

But as far as I know it only applies if you are using the foundation and/or 3.5 extension.

Captcorajus
January 19th, 2009, 18:51
I am using 3.5 which is the reason I bought the thing.

So this program is basically useless. :mad:

Tenian
January 19th, 2009, 18:56
You can use the old d20 until the 3.5 issue is fixed. They are pretty much functionally the same. There's also the JPG version available over on FourUglyMonsters.

Somewhere there's a post on downloading the d20 ruleset.

Griogre
January 19th, 2009, 18:57
Its just the foundation ruleset that is affected. If you need to get going right away then go to the download section of this website and download the d20 ruleset and install it. Have everyone in your game do the same thing (its not required of the players but it will mean the host doesn't have to transfer the ruleset to each player). Its only on a matter of changing and/or copying a few files to convert over to the foundation ruleset later (you'll want to it has better features than the d20 one once they get it working).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Edit: Out typed by Tenian. :p

Captcorajus
January 19th, 2009, 19:07
Ok, but do I have to completely recreate the campaign? I've done a lot of work building the module.

Captcorajus
January 19th, 2009, 19:18
Well, that worked, now I need to figure out how to get all the story work into the new module!!:cry:

Spyke
January 19th, 2009, 19:43
I suspect the developers are going to fix this one pretty quickly as it's serious, so if you've not got a game session coming up soon it's probably worth keeping things as they are for now.

If you have got a game soon, there are threads on the forum which explain how to convert your campaign file (sorry rushed for time at the moment). Or ask here for help.

Spyke

Captcorajus
January 20th, 2009, 00:44
well, I'm already working on an adventure, and it would be cool just to have everything work.

As it stands now, I've build a dungeon, and town, made a bunch of token, and graphics. Now its just a matter of fleshing out the details. Hence the reason i was upset when I found out the tracker didn't work.:)

Foen
January 20th, 2009, 06:04
The campaign folder has a file called, wait for it, campaign.xml. If you edit that, change:

<ruleset name="foundation" />
to:

<ruleset name="d20" />
You should then be able to open it using the d20 ruleset.

Hope that helps

Foen

Griogre
January 20th, 2009, 20:16
well, I'm already working on an adventure, and it would be cool just to have everything work.

As it stands now, I've build a dungeon, and town, made a bunch of token, and graphics. Now its just a matter of fleshing out the details. Hence the reason i was upset when I found out the tracker didn't work.:)
I expect Spyke is correct there will be a patch soon on the foundation ruleset. If you are still in the build the adventure stage, I would suggest you just keep building the adventure and only change over to the d20 ruleset like Foun said if you have to run a game prior to Smiteworks pushing out a patch. Do Combat's last because those aren't in the d20 ruleset and are the only thing that won't transfer over.