PDA

View Full Version : Zooming maps

NobbyNobbs
January 18th, 2009, 05:12
Ok, I'm very new to this, but even so, I feel stupid for not having figured this one out.

How do I zoom in and out on a map?

I checked the FAQ, and under the question "Can you zoom in on maps?" it says "Yes." Not all that helpful.

CaribbeanGamer
January 18th, 2009, 05:49
Scroll your mousewheel in and out.

NobbyNobbs
January 18th, 2009, 06:31
Ok, I know I'll catch flak for this, but....I don't have a mouse wheel. Just a 2-button mouse.

Griogre
January 18th, 2009, 08:08
A lot of editing functions are much easier with a mouse wheel in FG. You can put the mouse over the over the widget in the bottom right and if you hold down control you can zoom the map by moving the mouse up and down slightly.

Honestly, you would be much better off getting a cheap mouse with a mouse wheel.

Jingo
January 22nd, 2009, 01:46
Somewhat related to this, I find that if I connect my thee-button HP mouse with a mouse wheel to my HP laptop that the mouse wheel doesn't work within FG for zooming etc. It works in other things (ie MS Word), but not in FG. I don't know why. I have to use the touch pad's scroll functionality (on right side of pad) instead. Annoying, but it works.

Doswelk
January 22nd, 2009, 17:29
Somewhat related to this, I find that if I connect my thee-button HP mouse with a mouse wheel to my HP laptop that the mouse wheel doesn't work within FG for zooming etc. It works in other things (ie MS Word), but not in FG. I don't know why. I have to use the touch pad's scroll functionality (on right side of pad) instead. Annoying, but it works.
D'oh! :o it never occurred to me to try the touch pad scroll when I'm on my HP laptop!

Your my new Hero! :D

Griogre
January 22nd, 2009, 18:32
That's strange about the HP. My Dell laptop three button mouse wheel works fine - points to Dell I guess.

Tenian
January 22nd, 2009, 18:45
Back in the old days, some 3 button mice needed drivers to be installed to function correctly. I remember the MS Intellimouse needed drivers to work in some applications.

This was back in the 2000 days. I would think in XP or higher that the scrollwheel would be built into the OS and be standardized. Still it might be worth seeing if there are special drivers for your three button mouse.

Doswelk
January 23rd, 2009, 17:46
Back in the old days, some 3 button mice needed drivers to be installed to function correctly. I remember the MS Intellimouse needed drivers to work in some applications.

You are now my new star!

Installed the Intellimouse drivers onto windows and the mouse wheel works!

Silly me for thinking that MS Windows wouldn't need the drivers to allow the wheel to work in FGII!