PDA

View Full Version : Question: Programming Forbidden Kingdoms Mechanics

Zhale
January 17th, 2009, 19:26
I'm a total beginner at modifying Fantasy Grounds, I haven't even dabbled yet. One of my favorite settings, that can be used for either Dungeons & Dragons 3.0 or d20 Modern is Forbidden Kingdoms (FK). What I am currently interested in doing is making adjustments for the D&D mechanics.

For now, I'll keep it to bits that I think will be simpler for you to explain to me how to code.

Defense

To start with, this works exactly like the Defense score in d20 Modern. Armor penalizes defense, based on the weight category (-1 for light, -2 for medium, -4 for heavy). Shields do add to defense score.

Protection

This is like a primary form of damage reduction. Armor increases this, and Protection and Damage Reduction stack with each other. Firearms have a stat called Penetration* that can counteract this, but penetration has no effect on actual DR.

Hero Points

These serve the same purpose as every other kind of "reality break" point. In this case, they are treated as an automatic 20 on any d20 roll. For attacks, they are considered an automatic critical hit. Hero points are renewed every level, and any unspent hero points from the last level can be cashed in for 200 XP each.

*Yeah, I'll be asking you about coding that one later.

Thank you.