PDA

View Full Version : suddenly problem with using FGII

cathyverboomtuk
January 17th, 2009, 18:22
Hi,

I bought FGII Lite this week. Yesterday I used FGII without any problems.
Today I wanted to work on updating my d20 local character. FGII starts, I can select "create and view local characters", however when I select d20 and press the start button Windows reports a critical error and stops the program. Signature of the error shows AppName: fantasygrounds.exe AppVer:0.0.0.0 ModName: fantasygrounds. exe ModVer:0.0.0.0 Offset: 0002fb6b

Debugging (I use the Dutch version so I do not know exactly what the English name on the button is, it's the left most button in the screen where Microsoft gives you the option to send them an error report) shows:
JIT Debugging failed with the following error: (message in Dutch that says something like) Class is not registered.

The strange thing is I can use foundation local character.
As I'm supposed to join a d20 group that's not helpful.

I get the same error message when I try to join a game as a player as soon as I click the start button.

I've deinstalled and reinstalled FGII several times (with and without turning my computer off in between) but that doesn't help. I use Windows XP with all service packs installed.
Does anybody have an idea how to fix this?

Oberoten
January 17th, 2009, 18:41
Check the downloads page and get the D20 ruleset?

- Obe

cathyverboomtuk
January 17th, 2009, 18:56
I had already done that, so doesn't solve the problem. I just did it again, just in case, but still Windows throws me out of the FG.

Any other ideas?

Oberoten
January 17th, 2009, 19:17
Have you recently changed any drivers?

January 19th, 2009, 02:19
This also happened to me. I've hosted 4-5 games, no problems after initial setup. Now, I try to host (any ruleset, any campaign, or a new campaign) and I get a critical error. Haven't changed a single thing with my computer besides the standard windows update for XP (and if that was the problem, I imagine more people would be talking about this).

Cheers

cathyverboomtuk
January 19th, 2009, 20:03
No, I haven't changed anything between switching off on Friday and turning on my computer on Saturday

Griogre
January 20th, 2009, 20:37
The strange thing is I can use foundation local character.

The Foundation ruleset does not support building local characters with the lite version of FG. Only pak rulesets support building a local character with the lite version of FG - and right now the only widely distributed pak ruleset is the d20 ruleset (which is why it has an installer).

Spyke
January 20th, 2009, 20:40
The Foundation ruleset does not support building local characters with the lite version of FG. Only pak rulesets support building a local character with the lite version of FG - and right now the only widely distributed pak ruleset is the d20 one.Or GURPS (https://www.spyke.me) ;)

Spyke

Griogre
January 20th, 2009, 20:42
Or GURPS (https://www.spyke.me) ;)

Spyke
Ah - I had missed that. Good to know.