PDA

View Full Version : Major issue with combat tracker

Silvan
January 15th, 2009, 18:57
I've tried to drag character portraits into the combat tracker in order to enter them into combat. Nothing happens when I do this at all. No entry is taken.

When I try to dragon monsters from the library an entry is taken but the only information that is linked in the combat tracker is the name and absolutely nothing else.

How can I solve this problem?

Spyke
January 15th, 2009, 20:53
Which ruleset are you using?

Do you get the same problem if you start a new campaign?

Spyke

Silvan
January 15th, 2009, 20:57
I am using the ruleset that comes with the program, 3.5 extension. Yes, it happens regardless of the campaign I'm trying it in.

The only way I can get character to be linked is to go into the character selection and drag the circle into the combat tracker. I can't get monsters from the library or personalities linked at all. I've even tried deleting everything in the registry, appdata folder and program files folder and reinstalling everything. I still have this problem even then.

Silvan
January 15th, 2009, 22:29
Interestingly enough I tried it on another computer and had the same problem. Another problem that I noticed is that when I double click on the 20unpack.exe it says it extracts the files but it doesn't actually do anything.

Spyke
January 16th, 2009, 20:58
I am using the ruleset that comes with the program, 3.5 extension. Yes, it happens regardless of the campaign I'm trying it in.

The only way I can get character to be linked is to go into the character selection and drag the circle into the combat tracker. I can't get monsters from the library or personalities linked at all. I've even tried deleting everything in the registry, appdata folder and program files folder and reinstalling everything. I still have this problem even then.
I can confirm the issue.

If I start a new foundation campaign with the 3.5 extension I find that:

I cannot drag the character portrait to the combat tracker.
If I drag a monster from either the library or from a personality page I get a named entry in the combat tracker, but none of the stats are copied.
It is possible to drag a character from the circle on the entry in the player character selection box to the tracker, and in this case eveything comes across correctly.
Exiting and restarting the campaign does not fix this behaviour.
I'm running FG v2.3.6 on a laptop running Windows XP.

Spyke

Ged
January 16th, 2009, 22:26
Have you checked that the default group is open from the Groups tab on the bottom of the tracker?

Spyke
January 16th, 2009, 22:36
Have you checked that the default group is open from the Groups tab on the bottom of the tracker?There are two tabs showing: Init and Group. My comments were based on dragging the items into the Init pane. If I switch to the Group tab it says Default at the top, but I can't drag anything into the pane.

How should this work?

Edit: figured this out. See next post.

Spyke

Spyke
January 16th, 2009, 22:38
Oh, I see. You have to drag items onto the title bar of the group in the Group pane.

That seems to have the same issues. You can drag monsters there but their stats are not copied over.

Spyke

Ged
January 16th, 2009, 22:39
Nevermind, something odd has crept in and it really does not work as it should. We'll address the issue in the next update.

Spyke
January 16th, 2009, 22:42
I've also just had a console error. When I click on the initiative flag holder to the left of an item in a group I get the error:

Script Error: [string "scripts/combattracker_active.lua"]:99: attempt to call field 'requestActivation' (a nil value)

Sorry Ged, I have to log off now, getting late here.

Spyke

Spyke
January 16th, 2009, 22:44
Nevermind, something odd has crept in and it really does not work as it should. We'll address the issue in the next update.Great, thanks.

This is the first chance I've had to look at the new functionality since the update, and it looks really useful.

Spyke

Kalys
February 17th, 2009, 20:13
I've just recently joined the FG community and my first session was more frustration than fun due to this. Does anyone have a workaround for this? Any mods? Anything at all?

Spyke
February 17th, 2009, 20:32
I've just recently joined the FG community and my first session was more frustration than fun due to this. Does anyone have a workaround for this? Any mods? Anything at all?Well, the current workaround is to run your campaign using the d20 ruleset available from the download page. That works fine.

Standalone rulesets such as the 4e one and my GURPS one won't suffer from this problem, it's restricted to the 3.5E extension to the Foundation ruleset (and any ruleset that uses the combat tracker functionality from the 3.5E extension).

If you're playing D&D 3.5e then your best bet for now is to switch to the d20 ruleset.

Spyke

Moon Wizard
February 19th, 2009, 09:23
There's also the d20_JPG ruleset available over at fouruglymonsters.com. Just search for the D&D 3.5E ruleset development for Fantasy Grounds.

Cheers,
JPG

Kalys
February 19th, 2009, 18:49
I think I may have to wait it out for a patch...I've spent hours entering data and the tutorials I've seen only address converting from d20 to 3.5, not back. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/images/smilies/squareeyed.gif

supercuecumber
February 21st, 2009, 22:16
When a saving throw is made it changes the initiative to the value of the save. Using:
4e_JPG
v2.3.6 FGII

I haven't found a fix notice or any other bug reports on this issue.
The issue is repeatable across multiple operating systems.

Oni
May 13th, 2009, 13:33
It seems I've got the same exact problem here. Was there ever a fix?

Moon Wizard
May 14th, 2009, 02:03
That was a bug in v1.4.4 of the 4E_JPG ruleset. It is addressed in v1.5 that I just published.

Cheers,
JPG