PDA

View Full Version : Need inventory to calculate total weight

Geethree
January 14th, 2009, 04:59
I am creating a custom ruleset and, for the moment, it's mostly just going to be text fields (which I can handle well enough). However, everything else is quite beyond me, try as I might to understand it.

All I want in the way of complex functionality is to have a number field in the inventory list for item weights, and then I want the program to add them all up automatically and display a "total weight" somewhere.

Could someone go over how to do this? I am sure it's easy as pie for anybody who actually knows what they're doing.

Foen
January 14th, 2009, 06:27
I have found the easiest way to do this is to lift the inventory sheet entirely from the default ruleset, and then just remove the bits I don't need (like armor check penalty and the encumbrance ranges).

The Smite Works guys did a great job on the inventory tab, with an auto-sorting list, mini sheet and auto-totalling weights.

Just my 2c.

Foen

Foen
January 14th, 2009, 06:28
BTW, welcome to the forums! Please shout if you need any help, and I hope you find us friendly here.

All the best

Foen

Tenian
January 14th, 2009, 11:13
If you still want to do it yourself, I'd recommend using a windowlist over stringfields. It's relatively simple to iterate over a windowlist and keep a running total.