PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Afternoon D&D 4.0, H2 Thunderspire Labyrinth: 3PM-8PM PST(GMT-8 )

Griogre
January 14th, 2009, 02:12
Sunday Afternoon D&D 4.0, H2 Thunderspire Labyrinth: 3PM-8PM PST(GMT-8 )

I currently have four players and am looking for up to two more. The players just finished H1 last week and one the players is dropping out to start his own group and another now has to work on Sundays. We normally play very consistently every Sunday and I am looking for mature players who will show up and contribute. This is a regular game and I will run H3 and at least some of the Paragon modules also. The party currently has a paladin, rogue, wizard and cleric so all the basic groups are covered. The characters that are dropping out were a fighter and warlock.

I am just using the PH classes and races for WotC’s adventure path. Obviously if you have already played or ran in the modules this is not the game for you. The incoming characters will start with the same amount of XP and loot as the outgoing characters - which just made 4th level.

I use a dedicated Teamspeak server for voice so you will also need a working mic and headphones or a headset in addition to Fantasy Grounds. PM or respond to the thread if you are interested.

Dracenfels
January 16th, 2009, 17:35
I could play a warlock or fighter and would meet your requirements I think. With the exception of being able to play this Sunday or Super Sunday. I'm presently in a game now on Thursday but looking to get into a weekend game too.

Griogre
January 16th, 2009, 20:47
Dracenfels that sounds fine. I don't mind if people miss occasionally as long as they let me know *ahead* of time. It would not surprise me if we took off Super Sunday and I know we'll take off Easter.

mdavis15
January 16th, 2009, 20:53
I'd also be interested in joining the game. I'd prefer a fighter or warlord if possible. I am more than able to make the time as well.

Griogre
January 16th, 2009, 21:53
MDavis15, either class is fine. I'd rather not have two fighters since there is already a paladin in the group.

Another defender would make it much easier on the rest of the party squishy characters. Both of you sound like you are pretty flexible on character class - so I'll just ask you which of you really wants to play the fighter?

I use a yahoo group for this campaign I'll PM you both the details.

mdavis15
January 16th, 2009, 22:23
I'll be the fighter so he can be the warlock =).

Dracenfels
January 17th, 2009, 04:37
I don't mind if you want to play the warlock...I actually prefer fighter cause I'm just learning 4e but will roll up what ever no biggie I think I could adjust either way if you want the fighter.

worse case we'll flip a quarter... :)

Grix
January 17th, 2009, 17:43
I'm the fighter being replaced and enjoyed the heck out of Griogre's game. If my RL group hadn't been starting back up I never would have left. You should both have a blast.

Be sure to take good care of my guys! :D

Gman
January 17th, 2009, 22:15
Yeah, we will miss you Grix. Hopefully the new guys can book keep and plan as well as you. :D

Karl

jprime84
January 19th, 2009, 23:26
still any room here?

nilum87
January 20th, 2009, 05:09
Still need anyone? I'm available at the time and happy to play any class. I'm really interested in trying this program out.

I've got a working mic and headphones and have experience with 4e.

Griogre
January 20th, 2009, 20:29
I'm afraid this game is full. Thanks for the interest. For those towards the West Coast I have a Friday night game with two openings.

Griogre
January 28th, 2009, 04:57
Well, I'm now looking for a player willing to run a fighter. The last player ran into time frame problems with his better half and decided to take discretion over valor (wise man). ;) So, there you have it.

If you are interested in player a fighter on Sundays from 3PM - 8PM Pacific and haven't run or played in H2 Thunderspire Labyrinth PM me or reply to the tread.

scytale2
January 28th, 2009, 21:57
My players are nearing the end of Thunderspire and I would be interested in seeing how this has run for other GMs, including yourself. Is there a site, where GMs are discussing H1,2 and 3?

Sakumbe
January 29th, 2009, 00:25
Well, I'm now looking for a player willing to run a fighter. The last player ran into time frame problems with his better half and decided to take discretion over valor (wise man). ;) So, there you have it.

If you are interested in player a fighter on Sundays from 3PM - 8PM Pacific and haven't run or played in H2 Thunderspire Labyrinth PM me or reply to the tread.

Two questions:

1) What time is the Friday game?

2) Can I play my dragonborn? Or is there already a fighter I have to take over?

Griogre
January 29th, 2009, 20:49
1) The Friday game is 8PM to 1AM Pacific. This is very late if you are not near the west coast. I'm looking for a wizard character in that game.

2) You would create your own character for the game - its just the rest of the group thinks they have a good mix of charaters for their play style, so they would prefer to maintain having a fighter in the group. If you want to base it off an existing one, assuming it was build with a standard point buy that would be OK with me. You would have expierece, magic and equipment similar to the rest of the characters.

Griogre
February 2nd, 2009, 05:02
Still looking for a player to run a fighter in this game. Here's screen at the end of todays game when we broke. Some amusing conversation between the characters as "the plan" didn't go as expected...

https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/Griogre/Labyrinth.png

Griogre
February 6th, 2009, 20:21
Just a bump - still looking for someone to run a fighter on Sundays. Its ok if you are new to FG, though I would like you to have some 4E experience.

CdrDave
February 7th, 2009, 14:42
Thanks for responding to my game request :)

Although a fighter wouldn't be my normal 1st preference, I'm sure I can get in character and develop one. How would you like to handle the char creation, considering the advanced start?

mdavis15
February 7th, 2009, 18:15
Haha and to think I ended up giving the choice of fighter to the guy that dropped out =P.

Griogre
February 7th, 2009, 20:53
Thanks for responding to my game request :)

Although a fighter wouldn't be my normal 1st preference, I'm sure I can get in character and develop one. How would you like to handle the char creation, considering the advanced start?
Hi CdrDave, I'm the DM for this game. Build you charater using the Standard Point buy with powers and races only from the PH. Advance the charcter adding powers and stats. Use your starting 1st level gold to buy your mundane gear. You will get magic items similar to the fighter you will be replacing. If you have the full version of FG you can build a local character with the 4E ruleset. Otherwise send me a time we can get togeather so you can build the character on the server. Aside from DDI you can also use this site to get an idea of what you want to build: https://www.pathguy.com/cg4.htm. There are also a fair amount of XL character sheet generations too.

I PMed you.

Griogre
February 7th, 2009, 20:54
Haha and to think I ended up giving the choice of fighter to the guy that dropped out =P.
Murphy's Law. :p