PDA

View Full Version : Req - Expose directory structure

Sigurd
January 13th, 2009, 23:40
I hate to say this but I'd be much happier if FG would expose the windows explorer directory to the DM. I like the atmosphere of the game and I realize that its a game signature to present the files in a game environment but it makes DMing more difficult.

I'd like to have a directory for my campaign with an image subdirectory. I'd like the option of opening up 'images' and seeing just the folders I created, even if they were represented by tokens.
Right now, the flags at the bottom of the image window are cryptic. If I add a bunch of images I have to open the program and drag and drop them into a combersome organization. Instead I'd like to open Images and find a bag for FG (default stuff only changed by you guys) Import (directory reserved for modules) and Local (directory where I can put my own file structure).

Games get complicated as they progress and it would be easier to write them if the program exposed more control to the writer. 'FG, Import, Local' (or some such) would allow for expansion and I could organize 'Local' better without opening the application and fussing with drag and drop.

Sigurd